Mandatory Recon Letter for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Recon Letter for PIP

Options
atarikid
atarikid Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone

I have various physical and mental illnesses that have me unfit for work. I have been on PIP successfully for around 3-4 years now on standard rate daily and mobility (After researching I found from various online PIP tests I should have had been eligible for enhanced however I have never contested this before now). I had a re-assessment just past in December where, although I stated new diagnoses and a worsening of conditions the DWP deemed that I no long needed the mobility component of my PIP. 

I have been informed many Mandatory Recons fail, I dont wish to go through appeal/tribunal so I am writing a long and detailed Mandatory Recon letter with help via templates and CAB and various other organisations. However now I am at the point I desperately need a proof read preferably from someone who has won a PIP appeal at the Mandatory Recon stage. My latest appointment with CAB proved to be unsuccessful as she was just to quick to assume what I was there for and by the time I tried to explain it my appointment was over. I'm just too sick to go out again and face this for a second time. 

So is there anyone out there who I could email a draft of my current ongoing Mandatory Recon letter for a content proof read? 

Thank you kindly 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @atarikid

Unfortunately, statistics show that only 20% of MRs succeed, and you might be one that does.  But most people who want to appeal have to go to tribunal where 65% are successful.  Going to tribunal is a hassle but in most cases worth it.  A tribunal awarded me enhanced PIP both elements, increased from standard both elements.

Scope Helpline might be able to help with proof reading your MR letter.

Disability Rights UK site have a good guide to PIP including MRs and appeals.  

And there is this MR letter tool:

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @atarikid and welcome to the community! I hope you find the above advice helpful, it sounds like you're preparing thoroughly for the MR and I really hope you get the outcome you're hoping for. In terms of proofreading, Citizens Advice may be able to offer support. Do keep us updated!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.