Advise about carers pls — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advise about carers pls

lynnmm
lynnmm Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I need  some advise  on claiming carers
allowance  for  my daughter who gets Pip and Esa . She was awarded pip in 2016 because  she  was  diagnosed  with  hodgkins lymphoma  , at the time i was  working  fulltime but had to go  onto ssp to be able to look after  her and i couldn't get carers because  of  working to many hours. She has  sonce been  diagnosed  with  a  left ventrical cardio myophathy  which  is life  threatening, just to complicate things  against all the  odds  she  is  6 months pregnant.  I have  so far managed to keep working  fulltime  but my daughter  is  struggling  with  day to day living  now and  although  this  is  partly  due to  her pregnancy  her doctors  are saying  she is  going to be struggling after having  the baby. If i was to give up work  or try and find a job  with less hours  what would  i be  able to  claim and  would  i be  able to  claim carers allowance for  her. 
Thanks lynn

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.