Has anyone tried aqua aerobics? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone tried aqua aerobics?

carolinegear
carolinegear Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I suffer from
fibromyalgia 
Arthritis 
Diabetes 2
IBS
Crumbling spine
Depression
I have good!!! Days but very bad days. 
Been checking on aqua aerobics has anyone tried this plsase

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hello @carolinegear, welcome to the community!

I have moved you over to our Leisure and disability group to see if any of our other members have some experiences with aqua aerobics.
  • nanjack
    nanjack Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi i have tecently been diagnosd with myeloma and start chemo next wèek i have noticed my spine has atarted to curve between my shoulders and i actually am not standing straight anymore i am not able to be as active due to pain and breathlessness but wondering if yoga may help ?
  • Panda70
    Panda70 Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    Hi @carolinegear, I used to do aqua aerobics once a week and it helped as long as I didn't think I was Jane fonda in the water lol, I've joint hypermobility syndrome, fibro, osteoarthritis cervical spondylitis in my neck and most recently stenosis, facet joint arthritis in my spine and two protruding discs so in mega pain but I try n swim gently once a week and it also relieves my back and I sleep better after my swim, I think it's best to do what you feel comfortable to do, good luck
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 23 Connected
    Hi Caroline I have done aqua aerobics. If you go at your own pace only you know your own body. You will enjoy it. Just make sure you don't overdo it as you will be in pain for a few days. I wish you all the best. Max☺

Brightness