Wrong decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wrong decision

freckles
freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
Just got my pip letter today and after 5 years of being on enhanced rate they have decided to put me on standard rate i,m fuming with the points i got 2 points out of 8 for mixing with other people when it clearly stated in my phychatrist report than i have massive problems mixing with other people 2 points out of 6 for making budget decisions when my other half clearly said at assesement that i dont make any budgeting decisions 4 points out of 12 for planning and following a journey my other half drives me everywhere 2 points out of 8 for mixing with other people i very rarely go out and if i do its always with somebody because of my autism yes and i have idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis not a mention of this life threatening disease so yes i,m going to appeal they have tryed sweetening it by saying my award is till 2022 my last award was till sept 2018 but was assesed earl so not holding out any hope that i wont be reassesed in two years time it goes to show all the medical evidence i sent in about my lung condition has not even been considered yes very annoyed

Comments

• cher77
    cher77 Community member Posts: 95 Courageous
    Hi freckles same with me been receiving pip for last 2 years got awarded enhanced for daily living and mobility in December last year had to go for another assessment anyway the interviewer lied said I was able to do a full frontal bend when I was sat on my mobility scooter i was in that much pain due to slipped disc degeneration disc bulging disc and pain also pain in my hips back legs and bum sciatica she said I was able to lift my arms and had a good grip when I told her I couldn't do any excersises also recently diagnosed with diabetes and having tests done on my heart have high blood pressure anyway got my award letter and only been awarded standard daily living but enhanced for mobility she made me feel like a liar my husband who is my full time carer got told he couldn't answer anything I was being asked I was that high in drugs was upset I couldn't answer her questions I kept asking her to repeat her questions she was asking said I read with no problems when she didn't ask me read anything she said I had good memory when my memory never got tested she said just make a number up some of the questions she kept repeating also said I never showed any signs of anxiety when in fact I was in agony in pain which made me cry all the way through my assessment my medications are naproxen pregablin metformin codeine amytriptylene to include some of them I've asked for a mandatory which means for them to look at all my notes medication also my occupational therapist say I need to move into an adapted house with stair lift and wet room as I struggle with the stairs sorry for going lol but they shouldn't be telling lies and making stuff up she never took notes about anything I was saying felt ashamed x
    Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/39308/pip-assessment#RTXhJrR056534rGp.99
  • freckles
    These assesement forms need revamping you get a little box to which you can add any other health conditions i would say idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is a serious health condition but theres no questions about it yes the standard questions are can you cook bathe or walk 50 metres to which i struggle with like yourself but for me they have totally dismissed my main health condition IPF and autism as well as having mental health issues i believe yet again the tories dont care about us we are the poor relations to society according to theresa may and her cronnies
  • cher77
    cher77 Community member Posts: 95 Courageous
    Hi again freckles sorry i don't know much about your disabilities I'm sorry they have dismissed your main conditions I can't walk any distance i have a mobility scooter that i use but i only go to docs and hospital my husband does cooking cleaning shopping ect as I'm stuck upstairs again at the moment I've got 3 slipped disc so in agony it's all wrong how 1 person who doesn't even know you can treat you bad and lie and say what they want something needs to be done about the system because it's people who need the extra help don't get it and others who know how to play the system get the help x
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    On transfer from DLA to PIP I went from care highest and mobility higher DLA to standard both elements PIP.  Tribunal awarded me enhanced both elements PIP.  It's worth going all the way to appeal as 65% succeed.

Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to PIP appeals including a draft diary.  If you haven't submitted a 7 day diary yet include one with your MR request.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 215 Listener
    @freckles hi did you ask for your report the assessor did so you know what he/ she wrote
  • freckles
    No how do you do that
  • freckles
    I just rang dwp they said they will send my assesement report in 7/10 days 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2018
    @freckles...good you will need your report when you ask them to look at your claim again that way you can point out where your assessor has got things wrong .
  • freckles
    Its funny the letter is dated the 14th of january and today the 19th so it took 5 days to get to me but i did,nt think the DWP worked on a sunday cos thats the date on the letter they sent me 
  • [Deleted User]
    @freckles interesting info that might explain the overload ..My mum had her assessment a week after you I asked for the copy of the report 3 days after .
  • [Deleted User]
    @freckles Your report should say everything from you going in to going out .
  • freckles
    The assessor walk me and my partner to the exit door always thought she was the smiling assasin
  • [Deleted User]
    Well you will know everything she said in 7/10 days Good Luck freckles.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2018
    @freckles point everything out she said that's wrong 
  • [Deleted User]
    freckles said:
    The assessor walk me and my partner to the exit door always thought she was the smiling assasin
    Well you will know everything in 7/10 days and my mum too
  • freckles
  • [Deleted User]
    @freckles did you get standard on both ?
  • freckles
    Standard and daily living
  • [Deleted User]
    @freckles do you mean standard daily living and standard mobility ?
  • freckles

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.