post office — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

post office

Options
nanof6
nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
hi i have had a letter today from DWP saying to open a bank or building or credit union account to have my DWP money payed into.why? my postoffice is local, well 5 miles away, the bank is 10 miles away, the credit union is 20 miles away,thay have said do it stright away, but the post office says its not comming in till 2020,  why they doing this?

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    What dors " the post office isnt coming in" .....to what
  • nanof6
    Options
  • nanof6
    Options
    oh the change over so everyone won't beable to have there money from PIP or any benifif from DWP payed into the post office  from 2020,  maybe its only in wales  i don't no 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 126 Courageous
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @nanof6   Pleased to meet you.  I know it difficult for you for to open a bank account. 

The problem is that now DWP suggest you do this because it is too expensive to issue Giro.

I see reading that is nearest bank is 10 miles away.  I have a idea try to visit.  Arrange some one to go with you.  You can go into a private room if you wish to set an account up..  If you want I know I did say what I am disabled and the rest.  A lot of bank staff are really friendly and supportive.    This is what I have done.

The other issue that I only found out a few years ago.  That you can withdraw money from the Post Office over the counter using bank card.

Then I applied to bank on line.  It is safe and secure.  Any breaches of security will tell you.  Any problems a lot of banks have 24 hour helpline.  Use this if I need to.  Not good with IT.

Being a gentleman of certain age.

I am not used to this high tech stuff.  Having never ever to go into a bank is great, because I see it all on the web.  Then to Post Office to withdraw money, or cash machines.

I hope any of this helps.  Take care.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • nanof6
    Options
    yes thankyou for all help

Brightness