I had my PIP appeal today benefit adviser — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had my PIP appeal today benefit adviser

dan20ddf
dan20ddf Community member Posts: 39 Connected
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I've had my appeal today very nervous very anxious i thought I'll get a decision on day but told me it come in post is this cause they can't decide so need more time so is it a good thing or bad thing I had loads of evidence but they can only see the evidence to put forward on the day I applied but I sent a couple of letters from a consultant and doctor saying I need a mobility car for my scooter and he would support me in the application but the doctor at hearing ask loads of questions he even said why don't I go on a diet not knowing the reason of my weights because of my growth hormone injections of a young age but I stated I'm under the weight loss Management Service and I'm trying my best but due to depression it has a knock on effect but I found the doctor rude so I did think of maybe complaining anyone else can add things or advice please

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi dan

Tribunals are inquisitorial by nature, the doctors job is to question about .your health and medical issues. Sometimes the tribunal schedule is so busy that it doesn't allow time on the day for the decision.
    You should get the decision soon, it is impossible to second guess

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @dan20ddf & CR

I had my Tribunal today too which was adjourned however the Dr never said a word whilst taking notes which I have no idea what he was thinking or writing

The disability man was very compassionate and came across as the most kind caring polite respectful man anyone could ever imagine 

Some Drs are known to come across as very matter of fact, no doubt more so under these circumstances, which could be for a number of reasons however it is no excuse to disrespect anyone no matter what 

Im surprised you didn't get an answer although there could be a conflict of interest between the judge, disability person both being against Drs decision 

As I don't the whole story I am unsure how else to reassure you and hope it goes in your favour and you feel satisfied with not just that decision but also the one you make regarding Dr Disappointment ;-) 

Best of luck 

JiW
  • dan20ddf
    I lost any way had letter today so very upset I had loads eveedance on mobility scooter also plus crutches 
  • Rach77
    Rach77 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hope it goes in your favour. My partner won his appeal but now dwp have asked for the Sor so unsure how long we have to wait again.

• dan20ddf
    Not sure if they same me yet rach77 only got 10 points mobility part 
  • Rach77
    Rach77 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Will have to wait a while I think 
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    How can anyone lose if they use crutches and a mobility scooter?!
  • dan20ddf
    Exactly @janice and provide a statement from consultant saying need mobility car get around or become house bound 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, what seems obvious to us is not necessarily obvious to others.
    It is very important to fully explain the problems you have, don't assume that assessors or tribunals will make any link to any aid you use or need to use if you don't explain to them

The use of a scooter is not relevant to PIP but the use of crutches as an aid is.
    If you scored 10 points for moving around this equates to 20-50 metres aided or unaided. If you explained that you could not repeat this distance safely,repeatedly or to an acceptable standard, they may have made the link

I doubt that your consultant telling the tribunal that you need a car went down well

Not saying that the decision is right, just playing devils advocate

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • stephenjohn
    stephenjohn Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    Been to appeal twice,they don’t accept a mountain of evidence from doctor or consultance or a fellow who all agreed with my diagnosis,sit whispering to each other behind there desk .....it’s a disgrace ......

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.