THAI GREEN CURRY — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

THAI GREEN CURRY

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every body I hope you all OK I would like to share my recipe for Thai Green Curry.  I have used a lot of cheats and simple steps. 

An Introduction to the wonderful world of spices.  

Ideal for Saturday Night.  This is for one person but can be adapted for more.  

You will need a Blender or Food Processor..
Saute Pan with Lid.
Knife
Chopping Board

Ingredients
1 onion
Cooked Chicken from the deli
Jar Thai Green Paste
Can Coconut Milk
Ready to Use Noodles
Bunch Coriander or Dried I Teaspoon.
Red or Green Peppers

Method

1.  Sauce, chop up onion, red or green peppers bite size into Blender or Food Processor.  Add Coriander, rip up or chop.  Or  Dried I teaspoon.

2.  Add 2 Tablespoons of Paste adjust here to taste, add coconut milk half a can, touch of water to Blender or Food Processor.  Blitz till smooth and well blended add more Coconut Milk if wish to.

3.  In a saute pan with a lid and add sauce might not use all portion.  Reserve some.  Bring to boil and simmer for about 5 minutes till thick.  If too thick add touch water.

4.  Mean time shred chicken will not use all..  I use legs.  Breast meat another recipe.

5.  Add Chicken to sauce along with Ready To Wok Noodles mix and cover warm through .Another 5 minutes.

6.  Please note can be adapted with Rice I use Microwave Rice.  From the Pack into sauce.  Say about half.  Use frozen Peas and Green Beans.

7.  Add another option is frozen fruit Mango or Pineapple.

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Victoriad How you are OK. Thank you for recipes.  Great.  I have all the time requests from people who wish to cook and what simple, easy recipes.  That I meet usually in the Supermarket.  This because I get noticed not my problem but people are fascinated when they see me fill my trolley up with fresh food.  Assumptions and they believe is this for your Mother in one well known store.  No this is for me.

Where does that come from?.  Just because you have disability so what.

The looks on faces and especially in one store couple weeks ago writing, scribbling to the cashier a very simple, easy pasta sauce.  As my shopping whizzing down the shute.  Make loads ideal for freezer Zip Bags.

I suppose they see the disability and suddenly say hang on why are we spending money on Jars of Pasta Sauce when that gentleman is buying the ingredients in the Jar.  If he can do it so can we.  As they debated last time.

Also many of my friends in the past and present if and when have asked me for recipes.  So I have adapted them to suit them and their disability.  Can I help?

I thought I include the Thai Curry because it does not take long.  Also can be adapted to your needs.  Not got Chicken.  Use frozen cooked Prawns defrosted.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Victoriad   I forgot included here is my Pasta Sauce.  I have included two types either one is great and goes with anything.

You will need Blender.

Garlic cloves to taste.
    Tin tomatoes, plum .chopped or use carton Passata
    Handful of Basil or Parsley
    Tomato Puree/ Tomato Ketchup 1Teaspoon of each
    Vegetable Stockcube crumbled in 

Put all into Blender and Blitz.  Note you need a bit of Sugar bit Acidic so hence the Tomato Ketchup.

Can add Chillies from a Jar or Chilli Powder or Touch Cayenne or Paprika.
    When heating add in Carrots diced and sliced another sweetner.  I use Carrots in many Tomato based Sauces used to just as a balance of sweetner against the Acidic Tomatoes. Tin Cherry Tomatoes or fresh.
    Options add in SunDried Tomatoes,  Capers, Olives, Anchovies, Mushrooms.

Pasta Neapoletana

You will need Stockpot or Large Pan
    Blender.
    Food Processor
    Tin Plum Tomatoes or Passata Jar or Carton
    1 Onion diced chopped up
    1 Carrot diced chopped up
    1 Celery Stick diced and sliced
    Tomato Puree. Tomato Ketchup 1 Teaspoon of each
    Bunch of Parsley
    Dried Oregano I teaspoon 
    Salt and Pepper

Method

1.  Dice up vegetables roughly add to food processor.  Do each Vegetable separately blitz.  

2.  To a stock pot or pan olive oil saute veg.  Season.  Add Tomato Puree/ Ketchup mix in.

3.  Blitz up Plum Tomatoes if using in Food Processor and add Jar or Carton Passata add.  

4.  Add herbs dried bring to boil, simmer cover for about 30 minutes .  Please check now and again.

5.  Last Minute add fresh Parsley rip and tear or chop in.  Mix in.  Simmer let heat wilt herbs.

6. Leave to go Cold and Blitz up in Blender.  Easier than messing about with hot liquids.  Safety here.

Please note I do double quantities of this and freeze.  I do this the day before and let it go bubble away on the hob.  You could adapt this for a Slow Cooker.

Notice no Garlic not all Pasta sauces have Garlic in them.  So if some one does not like Garlic this is the Sauce to do.

Uses up Carrots and Celery and Onions.

Hope you take care and watch this space.  More to come.

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness