Registered blind — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Registered blind

Options
benidormqueen2010
benidormqueen2010 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have recently had my pip assessment  after previously  being on dla I am registered blind what do you think my chances are for pip

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello benidormqueen and welcome

DLA and PIP use different criteria for an award. PIP is based on functionality and the help you need with daily living and mobility.
    It is very hard to try and second guess the outcome of any assessment

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes, I agree it's difficult to say. I did read of someone recently registered blind whose had to take PIP to tribunal.

I, as someone with various hearing and sight difficulties had to get mine looked at again,
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @benidormqueen2010, and welcome! As has been said, it's very difficult to predict these things, but do keep us updated and let us know how you get on.
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    It also depends on the assessor. Mine had to ask me what one of mine conditions was. I'm also not entirely sure she understood the rest. And there was the assumption I'd chosen not to drive.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.