PIP Review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Review

Steph81
Steph81 Community member Posts: 10 Courageous
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I sent PIP AR1 form back to DWP on 15/12...I’ve still not heard anything yet!
I called last week to find out where I could send additional medical evidence I had located, and was told by helpline my claim was currently with the Assessment Team...Can someone advise me what this “assessment team” means and how long is the review process?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Steph81

Welcome to the community, I would think the assessment team and the team responsible for assessing your answers.  It says on the CAB site

Supporting information
    When you return the form you should also send supporting information to show how your health condition or disability affects your day to day life.
    You should include copies of any of the following documents:
    • a list of your prescriptions
    • a copy of your care plan, if you have one
    • any paperwork you’ve been given by health professionals, including reports and letters (not appointment letters)
    It’s a good idea to attach any documents to the form so they don’t get separated.
    What happens next
    The DWP will write to let you know what they’ve decided. You can challenge the decision if you disagree with it.
    If you say that something’s changed the DWP might:
    • phone you to ask for more information
    • ask you to give them more evidence to show how your condition affects you
    • ask you to go to a face-to-face assessment
    • ask you to complete another PIP2 form (just so they can get the information they need - you won’t have to make a new claim)

If you have extra information to send, it would be wise to ensure your name, DOB address and any references are on the information.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Steph81,

In my experience most claimants who have had a review form are being asked to go for another face to face assessment before a decision is made. This is normally taking place 6-8 weeks after the form is sent in, but that's where I work in the West Midlands - it may be longer or shorter elsewhere in the country. Once the assessment has taken place you could be waiting another 4-6 weeks for a decision.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Steph81
    Hi, sorry for delay in responding...Thank you both for the responses...On my last call to double check, they had received the additional evidence, and advised my claim was with the Case Manager...So I’m just waiting anxiously for the next stage to begin!!
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    Steph81Steph81,

Sorry you've got an anxious wait. Do let us know how you get on!

Will

• Steph81
    I will and Thank you :)
  • Steph81
    Hi, another question...I have heard from another, that the DWP have written to GP’s saying that their supporting evidence is no longer being accepted, if claimant sends
    a letter from GP it will be ignored!!!
    Has anyone else heard of this???
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    I've not heard of this - I can't imagine it could be lawful for the DWP to disregard GP evidence as a matter of Policy, and this certainly wouldn't hold up in a Tribunal...

Mary

• dottydotty
    dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering

I  filled my  review form AR1 In May 2017 . never received  a reply from DWP  then on Dec 2nd got a letter from CAPITA requesting I go for an assessment on 13/12/17 .. that's nearly 7 months  wait and yet it only took 8 days  from assessment to receiving  my decision letter .

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited February 2018
    This is the criteria in the DWP guide for Assessment Providers:
    • Be an occupational therapist, nurse, physiotherapist, paramedic or doctor • Be fully registered with the relevant licensing body (doctors must have a licence to practise) • Have no sanctions attached to registration unless they relate to disability. In individual cases, this requirement may be wavered subject to prior written agreement with DWP • Have at least 2 years post full registration experience (this refers to either UK registration or equivalent overseas registration for non-UK HPs) or less than 2 years post full registration experience by individual, prior, written agreement with the Department • Have passed a Disclosure and Barring Service check. 
  • dottydotty
  • dottydotty
    wildlife thanks for the information. I remember reading somewhere that  you can write to  some organisation or dept  to  request for all the information  the DWP have on your file . & within  40 days  it arrives  on your doorstep. Do you know by any chance know the name of the request ?  something like access to etc .
  • wildlife
    edited February 2018
    @dottydotty Yes I did this myself and wrote on here about it. It's called a Subject Access Request. Which basically means you, the subject can have access to all the "data" i.e. ALL the written documents and online notes, transcripts of calls anything about you or that has your name on it. You can read about how to do this on the ICO website and there is a template letter to help you make the request which for benefits is made to DWP. This can be done by email or letter as it has to be in writing. I sent my request to ATOS and they sent it to the DWP. I'm not sure if they had anything to add to the pile of stuff you get. They have to do this by law within 40 days straight not working days otherwise you can report them to ICO who regulate the Data Protection Act. It worked for me and I also know other people who have done it and got all their documentation sent to them. 
    @Steph81 So sorry to interrupt your discussion there are 2 discussions with the same name and I got mixed up. Do hope you get the right decision. 
  • dottydotty
    Wildlife  Thankyou .i didn't realise it has everything  i though it would just be medical ,  This  is a bonus as i did not photo copy my letters  to Dwp. I was in too much of a hurry to get them sent off .plus  , silly error  i know . Thanks will send the request and will send it to Capita as   they are also dealing with my complaint  or at least they should be . I do fear  i have sent  DWP too much  information  for the RM but wanted  to give it my best shot .
  • dottydotty
    Steph81   you are welcome anytime .  Thankyou  i am trying to keep positive ,
  • dottydotty
    Steph81 my apologies  i am the one who has got mixed up  . hope you get the right decision , I had to wait nearly 7 months  after sending my review  form in ,   not sure what the hold up was but think Capita might have been the reason .Anyway  hope yours  goes well.
  • Smithkaty123
    Smithkaty123 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Where can circle get help from to do the pip form with me
    Please 

• wildlife
    @dottydotty Good thinking. You are right it is especially useful as you get copies of everything at DWP's expense rather than your own. Just make sure Capita do their bit then forward it to DWP. They should tell you they've done this otherwise you'll have to send a request to DWP as well.   
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    wildlife said:
    This is the criteria in the DWP guide for Assessment Providers:
    • Be an occupational therapist, nurse, physiotherapist, paramedic or doctor • Be fully registered with the relevant licensing body (doctors must have a licence to practise) • Have no sanctions attached to registration unless they relate to disability. In individual cases, this requirement may be wavered subject to prior written agreement with DWP • Have at least 2 years post full registration experience (this refers to either UK registration or equivalent overseas registration for non-UK HPs) or less than 2 years post full registration experience by individual, prior, written agreement with the Department • Have passed a Disclosure and Barring Service check. 
    mine was not registeret capita could not care less
  • dottydotty
    wildlife  thanks again   so basically everything  is  in Capia hands apart from the final  decision . Would this include the review form AR1  is that Capita  who decides  who gets face to face assessment and when  ?  
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Smithkaty123, Citziens Advice have a great page full of guidance on filling in PIP forms. Hope this helps!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.