Esa assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa assesment

davem
davem Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi  I am new to the group  I had my esa medical assessment late October last year  and have still not had my deccision. I have rang them on several occasions only to be told that a deccision has not been made yet  they have escalated it three times but still not received anything yet  does anyone have an idea on how long I have to wait 

Comments

• rocklobster
    rocklobster Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi
    My assesment was late oct and ive just heard today. You usually get a reply within 3 weeks but it can take longer. I had 6 different medical reasons so i had to be questioned about how each illness affects me . As you can imagine my assesment took 6 times as long .
    All you can do is ring once a week to  ask the same question as you have allready . Hopefully you will hear very soon.

~Rocklobster~

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @davem, and welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear that you've still not had a decision- the waiting period can be really difficult. It can take up to thirteen weeks and sometimes longer to get a response: times can vary between places and so it's really difficult to predict when you might hear back. Do keep us updated, and fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.