chronic migraine — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

chronic migraine

loubielou47
loubielou47 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone. I don't know if I should be on here but I'm exhausted from the constant pain from chronic migraine. I get at least 15 a month so one rolls into the other. I'm already on warnings at work ( I work for the NHS by the way ). I have lost 15 years due to this and am drowsy with drugs and have BOTOX therapy for it too. I'm on my own with my daughter who is in 6th form preparing to go to university so pressures are high for me to keep working.  Is there any help out there to make my life less difficult xx

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @loubielou47!

We have had previous discussions about chronic migraines in this group, so hopefully some of our members with similar experiences can offer some advice and support.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time, please do let us know if you have any questions.
  • juals
    juals Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi I used to suffer too and would have a mild stroke with mine. I was told to have a certain piercing done in the ear. So I decided I wasn’t going to loose anything by having it done. It was the best thing I ever did. I haven’t had a migraine since. The other day I had the usual squggly lines, I pulled my ring backwards and forwards and they went. No migraine afterwards. I thoroughly recommend everyone who suffers to have this done. Hope this helps? If you get it done it will help believe me. 
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    The piercing is called darth.

I've heard mixed views about that one.

I get them sometimes. Currently take Maxalt and Topiramate, which for the most part work.
  • loubielou47
    loubielou47 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for the comments I take topirimate and the Masala during an acute attack. also BOTOX every 3 months and trigger point injections from the pain team. my daughter had a daith piercing didn't work for her. Also neurologist didn't want me to have it done as it would give false readings in the headache diaries x
  • juals
    juals Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    sorry it didn't work for your daughter but everyone I have spoken to who have had the piercing said it has worked for them. But I suppose we all take different medication for the same reason.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @loubielou47, I just wanted to add my sympathies as I've suffered badly with chronic migraines in the past. Whilst your neurologist is the best person to offer medical guidance, you might also want to look at The Daily Migraine which can be a great place to find peer support and encouragement.

Brightness