Does anyone in the forum know what planning and following a journey means! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone in the forum know what planning and following a journey means!

romey50
romey50 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Does anyone in the forum know what planning and following a journey means! 
How do you go about making an appeal and who can help you please? 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @romey50 and welcome to the community. It's good to have you with us.
    Is 'planning and following a journey' related to ASD? Or is that just a memory glitch of my own. And which benefit is it that you want to appeal? We have resources on here (you'll find links in the purple band at the bottom of the page) which will help you with PIP/DLA, ESA and probably others.
    Have a look and see if any of it is useful. Don't hesitate to get back to us or to ask any questions you have.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @romey50

There is a lot of information about the planning a journey question on the CAB website.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • romey50
    Hi ! I am currently applying for PIp from Dla! I don’t have enough points on my planning and following a journey! Trying to get my gp to support it with a letter but he doesn’t know me as my doctor for 10 years who knows me well has stopped being a doctor as he doesn’t agree with what’s happening with the changes ! I’m at my wits end as without my car I will not be able to even do some part time work! I am 60 years old,worked all my life,even through my children and I need help now ! I’m afraid I am going down that slippery slope that has taken me years to get up! I have CFS/ME and have had 2 spinal operations and have regular spinal epidurals ! It’s so hard at the moment and is really looking bleak as my car will go back on 9th March! Can anyone help please 
    Kate x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 215 Listener
    edited February 2018
    @romey50 Hi my mums assesser ticked descriptor E  on the mobility part  because she cannot go on a journey on her own due to physiological distress so if you yourself cannot go on your own say so in the claim form .
  • romey50
    Hi thanks budgie ! I have already done my form! Wish I had found this site earlier x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 215 Listener
    edited February 2018
    @romey50 Yes it's all about how it affects you not what's causing your disability. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JCTaylor
    JCTaylor Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    I've just filled my form in with the help of citizens advice. They have all the info. I put I can't plan or follow a journey because it would cause lot of stress anxiety due to discomfort especially on long journeys have to stop take break. But mainly cantc because imI not allowed to drive to due drugs medication taking classed as illegal drugs therefore not allowed to drive. I have mobility car named driver. Am waiting on face to face appointment with medical assessment PIP. Hope this helps.  
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    JCTaylor said:
    I've just filled my form in with the help of citizens advice. They have all the info. I put I can't plan or follow a journey because it would cause lot of stress anxiety due to discomfort especially on long journeys have to stop take break. But mainly cantc because imI not allowed to drive to due drugs medication taking classed as illegal drugs therefore not allowed to drive. I have mobility car named driver. Am waiting on face to face appointment with medical assessment PIP. Hope this helps.  
    Being unable to drive wouldn't count. It's whether you can get from A to B because of things like not being able to follow a map or cross a road safely.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I use a sat nav while driving but got no points on acessment as I take the dog out using my mobility scooter plus have a second scooter to go in boot for shopping trips, the reason I got full mobility is that my circumstances changed in the 12mths since my first PIP claim when able to walk no more than 200 mths but now cannot walk more than 20 mths so went from half mobility to full.
  • Nystagmite
    But many non-disabled people use a sat nav whilst out driving. It would only be aids that a non-disabled people wouldn't use.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @romey50
                      If you work part time and drive yourself there you will struggle to get any points for planning and going on a journey. You really need not to be able to go out alone at all. Your only hope of higher rate then would be the distance you can walk without pain. From what you say this should give you the points you need but who knows with what is happening now. They make their own decisions often not based on evidence or what they are told.
  • Nystagmite
    wildlife said:
    @romey50
                      If you work part time and drive yourself there you will struggle to get any points for planning and going on a journey. You really need not to be able to go out alone at all. Your only hope of higher rate then would be the distance you can walk without pain. From what you say this should give you the points you need but who knows with what is happening now. They make their own decisions often not based on evidence or what they are told.
    I agree. I made the mistake of mentioning I visit my parents a few times a month. I was not asked where they lived. I scored 0, even though I also said I use a mobility cane to get around. When I did my reconsideration, I kept a diary. I wrote that I had difficulty crossing a tiny road to get my GP surgery. (it's about 50 metres from my flat) I got higher mobility based just on that.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.