Pip review - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

Comments

• dottydotty
    dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
    wildlife     the fact that I was allowed a home visit  (should have been at a centre  48 miles away ) on the grounds  that I could not do the journey  for both physical and mental reasons ?  and yet scored no points for this.  is  this  a  contradiction  ?  ,am I clutching at straws ?
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @dottydotty That is very relevant. It's a contradiction by Capita. On the one hand they're saying you're eligible for a home visit (did you provide medical evidence, a Doctor's letter?) but not eligible for points for being unable to plan and go on a journey alone. How did you show to Capita that you needed a home visit? You could provide the same evidence to DWP to back up your reasons why you should get mobility points. They won't have seen it. Did CAB include this in the MR? You could also ring to speak to a case manager and ask the same question. It makes me so mad that they constantly turn a blind eye to what's under their noses. 
  • dottydotty
    Wildlife  thankyou again for reply . I am hard of hearing so I emailed Capita and explained that my mental  history  physical history prevented me from travelling & walking the 1.8 mile to my nearest train station and TOLD them that my last assesement in JUNE 2014  was home visit , Think this clinched the deal . I have copied my emails  and am sending them in my next letter to Dwp along with significant errors. The medical reports  used as  evidence on report was dated  2014,     and yet I had a stack of paper to show him of recent hosp reports  he did not ask for or  even look at them   however he noted on the report  "observed to handle paperwork using both her hands without difficulty "     " Observed   to take out deriving licence from her purse ,  for identification  "    don't and never have had a  license  it wa my bus pass .  My points  are lck of OBSERVATION AND RECORDING SKILLS . report not fit for purpose .  so many errors  but need good reasons to challenge them . Incidentally he mentions Anxiety a lot , the descriptors 28/12/17   did not have much sympathy for anxiety . But they do now since the Govt have stepped in .  so he may have done me a favour in that respect .    
  • dottydotty
    wildlife  the DWP told me on phone to send evidence by 8 th Feb ,  is this the cut off time ?   can I not send further letters after this time  ? as I need to see CAB to read my letter  explaining the home visit etc  and errors and to   recompose it so it does not ramble on and on .
  • wildlife
    @Dottydotty As you tell me about yourself I pick up on other things. You mention hard of hearing, Sensory impairment is very relevant to going out alone as you can't hear traffic as you cross the road. So this should have got you points if you have medical evidence, hearing test result or whatever. For sending evidence I'm not sure as I don't know the reason for the cut off date but I do know that evidence can be sent any time but it's best to let them know when they will get it and request they wait before doing your MR. If that doesn't work and your MR is done before you can get it to them you can ask them to look at your claim again because of the new evidence. They don't tell you you can do this but DWP can change your award anytime before a Tribunal whether they've done the MR or not. Mine was changed after my MR in other words I had 2 MR's because I wouldn't give in and kept contacting them. 
  • dottydotty
    wildlife  you have picked up very accurate information about me without seeing me  pity assessor was not so tuned in . Yes have profound hearing loss .lost 85% of my hearing  Anxiety . . copd   spinal scoliosis , stenosis   heart valve desease , Vertigo.  Osteoporosis ,Athritis   the list goes on , and more than condition  applies  to most of the descriptors  Thankyou for your valued  comments  and suggestions  they are of immense help , I will keep my letter  brief but to the point will request further time due to my cognition and the fact that this whole business is  having a huge impact on my health  ,  Ps  good  point about Capita home visit  -contradiction  that will be top of my list , .  Have a nice evening , 
  • wildlife
    @dottydotty, Vertigo should also affect you not travelling alone. There is the danger factor with serious consequences should you go dizzy crossing a road. 
  • natz1987
    natz1987 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    My dad has just had his decision letter and they have stopped his PIP payments. He has a permanent brain injury from a motorcycle accident 30 years ago and has to take meds for the rest of his life! They are going to appeal but I am angry for my dad! The b*****ds at the assessment place need to open their eyes and realise that not all disabilities can be seen. They are judgmental and discriminating against people who actually have problems and who can’t work because of these problems!
  • wildlife
    @natz1987 I can well understand how this makes you feel. It causes so many other problems like losing cars, financial worries especially if PIP is keeping a roof over people's heads, it's time it was changed and honest assessors were appointed. People with medical evidence like your dad should not have to have an assessment. However it's best to turn the anger into action and use it to let DWP know that an unfair decision has been made. Has he finished the process or is that the 1st decision?
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Quite agree honest assessors are needed
  • dottydotty
    wildlife Re- Virtigo  I actuslly asked the assessor if he had any knowledge of this condition . he just replied I'm a health advisor . I read your other discussion about checking on the assessors registration I looked it up he is not on it typed the name in and went thrugh all the titles paramedic etc  but could not find him .
  • wildlife
    @dottydotty It should say on your Assessment report where the assessor has signed it what type of so called medical professional he is if any. i suspect there are problems in this area that are being kept quiet but couldn't prove anything. Yes my assessor put a false Registration number on the form I signed when handing over medical evidence at my actual assessment. This is fraud whether she was qualified or not. There is someone registered with her name but with a different PRN (professional registration number). 
  • dottydotty
    freckles The  decision maker has changed the descriptor choices previously chosen ?,  On her/ his  choosing I only scored 2 points for profound hearing . I would be interested to know what choices the  actual assessor made , My last assessment was 3 yrs ago so and the descriptors are now worded differently . I don't have a copy of my report 3yrs ago so cant compare  just have my decision letter which scored me enhanced care  standard mob .
  • dottydotty
    wildlife   He was a paramedic .  true  to form he barged into my house as if he was assisting a cardiac arrest call.  His paramedic training  served him well .  speed and urgency.   I didn't sign anything after my assessment he just upped and left .I'm sure ive signed in other assesments ,ie  DLA  and ESA .
  • dottydotty
    Please don't think I am being unkind to Paramedics , they are life savers in every sense of the word . x
  • wildlife
    Yes they are but they don't write English like my assessor as it could kill someone in a life or death situation. One example "while sitting she feels she has pain in her feet". Actually it's pain in my lower back, surprise surprise! Paramedic should be registered with HCPC and I had lengthy email conversations with them. They assured me she wouldn't be on there if she wasn't qualified. If your assessor isn't on there I would report this to Capita, DWP, your MP and anyone else you can think of. It is a criteria that DWP have set for assessors that they be registered. Sorry I know you have enough going on but this is seriously not on.
  • dottydotty
    I think he may new  to this job. when he left I wrote everything  down  as I had a gut feeling .   Would he be on the HCPC if newly registered ?   I typed name in accurately. it did say if you cant find the person they may be under another name ?   Ive found him on Facebook  .
  • wildlife
    YES not only should they be registered but they should have 2 years experience actually working as a Paramedic before they can be an assessor. I will check out the DWP guide for assessors as it has the criteria in it. It's on the Gov.uk website.  
  • dottydotty

wildlife  I'm losing the batlle here .  was on DLA , transferred successfully to PIP in June 2014 .higher award.    Then in May last year I received a Review form Ar1 ,filled it in never had any reply from DWP.  on Dec 4th got Capita letter for face to face assessment. 29/12/17.   Got decision letter  7/1/18   saying they have changed the descriptors  chosen ?      .Also in May last year I was supposed to go for ESA assessment , I missed this but DWP accepted  my reasons  and I never heard anymore from them .  .

• dottydotty
    reason  I mentioned  the ESA appointment , is would that have any bearing on my PIP reconsideration  cognition forgetfull ? or am I just clutching at straws,

Brightness