PIP assessor has lied — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessor has lied

riever741
riever741 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I had my first DLA to PIP assessment last May and had to have a change of circumstances reassessment in September, and have now asked for an MR, the DWP sent me the documents from the assessments, it wasnt until I recieved both sets of paperwork that I noticed that the assessor had lied about what she had asked me. There are 6 questions relating to my state of mind that I was never asked, can I do anything about this now or is it to late
Any advice would be grateful

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @riever741 you can put in a formal complaint with the company that assessed you.

With regards to the MR you need to focus on the points you were given and particularly those you disagree with. You can find the criteria at https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system

Do mention the six questions you were not asked.

The most likely outcome will be they will rubber stamp the initial decision, but appeals have a high success rate.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi @riever741

As @Geoark says, a complaint re the practices of the assessment company and the MR you have already started.

Again to second Geoark, remember to compartmentalise the two issues - the incorrect information from the medical assessor is one relevant point in the appeal, but not the main point. The main issue you need to address in the MR and subsequent appeal is how you meet the descriptors.

Good luck, and stay in touch!

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• JCTaylor
    JCTaylor Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi where can I find address for capita to make conplaint please 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JCTaylor this is what I found on their site:

How to make a comment or complaint about our service

We are responsible for the assessment process. This includes arranging and carrying out face-to-face consultations. Please tell us if you are unhappy with any part of our assessment service so we can try to put it right. Please contact us by any of the contact methods here. This helps us to understand what we are doing well and where we need to do things better.

Phone

You can phone us from Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm:

Textphone

If you have speech or hearing difficulties, you can contact us by textphone on 0808 178 7177. Please be aware our textphone service does not receive messages from mobile phones.

Email

Email: complaints@capita-pip.co.uk

Write

PIP Complaints
    PO Box 325
    Darlington
    DL1 9PH

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    mine lied on 8 points and ignored making a journy part also said my eyesight perfect but i only have one eye  she said  i could mix with peaple and loved seeing my son and landlady  as to  walking i had no prob  but my legs do not work????then i found out she was not reg to do any work of a medical type till a year later complained but bet its ignored
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12 Listener
    edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • maid08
    yes i see what you mean with eye but as to legs im able to stand so i have no problem ?but yes i do they were not reg medical person till a year after my acessmant???

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear about your experience, @maid08
  • maid08
    thanks pippa  i had a reply from capita but they just blame dwp for their own acessers report   had good chat with case maneger at dwp who is puting on screen to capita a written report will be fine as its obvious from my medical reports im a death awaiting case ??and she made a number of comments on my breathing also refered to first award two years ago its clear you will not improve ??so who knows i may just get an award 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.