PIP issues — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP issues

Options
Gemma85
Gemma85 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I turned up for my pip assessment and when I got there they said I couldn't be seen as there was no body available. I called to re book my appointment and spoke to a young lady explaining I was made redundant in December and found a temp contract for 3 months. I had already taken a week off due to my illness and a day for the original assessment. I explained I only had 1 other day to take which I am due as the hospital for a appointment but could make a later appointment on that day. It was agreed over the phone the day and time. Then I received a letter with the incorrect date on so called to dispute this. They have bow put my claim on hold will i get paid whilst it is on hold or not. It's quite upsetting how they treat you which doesn't help with my illness. Is there anything I can do as they seemed most unhelpful when I called to dispute the date. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gemma85, and welcome to the community!

How frustrating for you, I'm so sorry to hear about all the chasing up you're having to do, and that the issue still hasn't been resolved. Hopefully some of our members who've been in similar situations will be able to advise you further, but please do keep us updated.
  • Gemma85
    Options
    Thank you it was awarded for 2 years and to be reviewed after 1. So I presume my end date is end if this year. It's so confusing and they don't make it easy when you call I ask question half the time they can't answer always saying it's not up to them. So who else do I speak to as they only provide one number to call 
  • Gemma85
    Options
    Thank original paperwork states awarded September 2016 to November 18 and to be reviewed 2017

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.