Hi I turned up for my pip assessment and when I got there they said I couldn't be seen as there was no body available. I called to re book my appointment and spoke to a young lady explaining I was made redundant in December and found a temp contract for 3 months. I had already taken a week off due to my illness and a day for the original assessment. I explained I only had 1 other day to take which I am due as the hospital for a appointment but could make a later appointment on that day. It was agreed over the phone the day and time. Then I received a letter with the incorrect date on so called to dispute this. They have bow put my claim on hold will i get paid whilst it is on hold or not. It's quite upsetting how they treat you which doesn't help with my illness. Is there anything I can do as they seemed most unhelpful when I called to dispute the date.
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 939 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.