National Insurance Contributions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

National Insurance Contributions

KP1966
KP1966 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hello ...  I am not sure if you are the right avenue to go down for assistance, but 14, nearly 15 years ago, I was made redundant from my job along with my colleagues due the closure of the base we were working at.  Since then work life has been somewhat sporadic, in that I have found jobs that have just been short contracts and jobs that have not been good for me, or I for them ! This way of life was really affecting my health, and in 2016, I was "signed" off work by my GP and have been claiming ESA.  For a while before I was claiming JSA as I was looking for work, but as I say because of the effect on my health, this was when I decided enough was enough , and I had to stop work. My  question is... Obviously because of the gaps in employment , there are gaps in my NI contributions.  I have heard that these can be repaid. So... How would I go about doing this and how much would the payments be and how often?   Your help in this matter would be appreciated ... Thanks 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.