Tribunal tomorrow. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal tomorrow.

hibeescaz
hibeescaz Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi...I have my second tribunal tomorrow,First one The judge read all paperwork then As I did not have any medical back up he adjourned the meeting so I could get this,Which I have done I also have A representive now..I am type 1 diabetic with no hypo awareness ,I take Bad And severe hypos most days,This leaving me everyday very exhausted And no motivation to do anything,I spend most off my time in my room,I have help from family who Check my bloods If they think I am hypo And help/make me drink And eat something  ,They also prepare my food as I have cut And burnt myself in the past whilst suffering A bad hypo whilst cooking,I also have to be taken to the toilet As I can not go alone As I am very weak Especially my arms And legs,During And After A bad hypo,I do not go out alone as I find it distressing ,Due to the fear off collapsing outside And my panic attacks,So someone close to me will come And also plan ahead my journey,Ialso suffer from depression And panic attacks which has been on going for years,Which I take diazepam for And anti depressents..I have been told by A couple off people that I must have some sort off chance off recieving Pip (I had previously been receiveing dla for 15 years) Or they would not have sent me away the first time to get this paperwork etc..I would appreciate anyones views on this.As you can imagine I am in A right state about tomorrow And have been all week.
Thank you
Carolyn

Comments

• cobra
    cobra Community member Posts: 36 Pioneering
    hibeescaz said:
    Hi...I have my second tribunal tomorrow,First one The judge read all paperwork then As I did not have any medical back up he adjourned the meeting so I could get this,Which I have done I also have A representive now..I am type 1 diabetic with no hypo awareness ,I take Bad And severe hypos most days,This leaving me everyday very exhausted And no motivation to do anything,I spend most off my time in my room,I have help from family who Check my bloods If they think I am hypo And help/make me drink And eat something  ,They also prepare my food as I have cut And burnt myself in the past whilst suffering A bad hypo whilst cooking,I also have to be taken to the toilet As I can not go alone As I am very weak Especially my arms And legs,During And After A bad hypo,I do not go out alone as I find it distressing ,Due to the fear off collapsing outside And my panic attacks,So someone close to me will come And also plan ahead my journey,Ialso suffer from depression And panic attacks which has been on going for years,Which I take diazepam for And anti depressents..I have been told by A couple off people that I must have some sort off chance off recieving Pip (I had previously been receiveing dla for 15 years) Or they would not have sent me away the first time to get this paperwork etc..I would appreciate anyones views on this.As you can imagine I am in A right state about tomorrow And have been all week.
    Thank you
    Carolyn
    Best of luck @hibeescaz keep us updated. Hope everything goes well tomorrow 
    God Bless
  • hibeescaz
    Thank you...I will let you know tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 215 Listener
    edited February 2018
    Hi I hope your appeal goes well for you tomorrow. You need to hopeful although Theresa May has type one diabetes I suppose it affects everyone different . Good Luck @hibeescaz
  • hibeescaz
    Thanks Budgie2
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    hibeescaz,

Carolyn - hello there. Good luck today! Remember it isn't just the condition that matters. It's how it affects you. The tribunal will probably ask you about your everyday life. From what you say, you need quite a lot of supervision to do things at home - this should help you get points. And you also have anxiety and depression, affecting you at home and when you go out and about, which you need help and support to do.

The tribunal should take what you say about your abilities into account, as well as the evidence they have received. It might help to do the PIP self-test if you haven't already done it, so you have an idea of what points you should get.  But the main thing is to answer their questions and make sure they understand what life is like for you, and all the difficulties you have, concentrating on the PIP activities such as preparing food, going to the toilet, washing and dressing, planning & following journeys etc.

Let us know how you get on!

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.