My wife is my carer — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My wife is my carer

Options
beaker1965
beaker1965 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Im a 52 year old, married for 20 years. I suffer badly with M.E. and fibromyalgia. My wife is my registered carer and its really hard for her. I worry so much about her.

Comments

• janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi beaker1965 your wife sounds lovely. Ive only just joined scope but i think there are support group for careers that could help your wife. When i was able to work i worked in social care so i know how hard care work is. Your wife wont see you as a burden and will love you with all her heart. Is there any way you could get someone else to help your wife in caring for you. Im disabled with osteoarthritis in all of my joints and a disk desease in my back. One of my fears is being a burden on my family as they have lives of there own so i can understand how you feel. I think if we look at it the other way round would we think they were a burden if we cared for them. Im devoted to my family as you and your wife are to each other. Suggest getting some help to your wife so she can have a break and see what she says
  • beaker1965
    Options
    Thank you so much janejr, I will certainly have a chat with my wife and see what can be done. Thanks again.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @beaker1965, and welcome to the community. Very glad you've found us, and very sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner.
    You've met our lovely newcomer @janejr already, and she's only one of many caring friends you will find here.
    If you have a look through the links lower down the screen, those listed under Talk about specific conditions may be of interest to you. I ran a search on Fibromyalgia and came up with this: https://search.scope.org.uk/s/search.html?collection=scope-meta&query=fibromyalgia&p%24lt%24ctl11%24SearchBox_1%24btnSearch=Search Sorry the link is so long, but it ought to work. Let me know if it doesn't.
    So, we're here and listening. Let us know if any of this helps (or if it doesn't) and keep in touch.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @beaker1965, and welcome! Please do let us know if there's anything we can help you out with, even if it's just to have a chat. You might also like to have a look at Carers UK, who can provide great support for people like your wife. All the best to you both!
  • beaker1965
    Options
    janejr said:
    Hi beaker1965 your wife sounds lovely. Ive only just joined scope but i think there are support group for careers that could help your wife. When i was able to work i worked in social care so i know how hard care work is. Your wife wont see you as a burden and will love you with all her heart. Is there any way you could get someone else to help your wife in caring for you. Im disabled with osteoarthritis in all of my joints and a disk desease in my back. One of my fears is being a burden on my family as they have lives of there own so i can understand how you feel. I think if we look at it the other way round would we think they were a burden if we cared for them. Im devoted to my family as you and your wife are to each other. Suggest getting some help to your wife so she can have a break and see what she says
    Hi janejr, I'm so sorry it's been nearly 5 years since you posted your kind words. Things are a little better for us now. Hope things are a bit better for you.

Brightness