Given lower rate of care, only for 5 years — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Given lower rate of care, only for 5 years

Options
aries
aries Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, haven’t been on here for a while due to illness.
my tribunal result were I will still only get the lower rate of care, although, had 3 More diagnosis’s, quite serious ones hence asking for the higher rate. One including PTSD. A mental health problem. Falling over, falling out of bed, dizzy spells, causing problems standing sitting and so on. This was due to blood pressure problems. Which I’m still having. I had a diagnosis of food intolerances which really has affected my day to day life in so so many ways.
The tribunal were asked to consider the evidence .... but sadly came to the decision that I do not qualify. The tribunal were asked to consider the fact that I have heart disease an other problems that these illnesses were not going to disappear in the 3 years I had been granted PIP. Therefore, a life award was asked to be considered. They decided I can have it for 5 years. 
Please don’t get me wrong I am thank full....
and as I’ve worked since I was 16, up to my heart attack at 46, I worked full time and bought my lovely son up by myself. My parents fought in the war they both worked full time all of there life’s but sadly neither reached the age to get a pension. 
I have managed to keep up with recent events regarding PIP an a review of mental health issues for mobility, but very little on the daily living component? 
Comments/advice would be welcome. 
Forgive any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes 
Aries (Sarah)

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @aries, I hope you're feeling better today! I'm glad to hear that the decision was reached to grant you five years, although I do understand your frustrations what with the nature of your conditions. I hope at the very least that you'll have some of the worry off your mind for the time being, and be able to focus on your health and wellbeing. Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.