Has ESA always been points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has ESA always been points

dee4848
dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
Hello everybody , Has ESA always had a points system ? I am on ESA but don't recall it been on points when I was put on it .Thankyou.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dee4848, and welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

I'm not sure of this myself, but maybe some of our community members will know. What do you recall the system being when you were first put on it? There might be others who have had similar experiences!
  • dee4848
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    WRAG is points and you need at least 15 points or reg 29. Support Group isn't points, it's satisfying at least one of the descriptors or reg 35. Reg29/35 are the special circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dee4848
    @poppy123456 Thankyou for taking the time to explain I'm in the Support Group but I'm sure it never said an end date .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    ESA decision letters hardly ever state an end date. If you want to know when your next review is likely to be then you'll have to ring ESA and ask them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • englishrose
    englishrose Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I was automatically put on ESA some time ago.  Can't quite remember what it was replacing but have never in all this time been assessed and was medically retired in 2009.  So i was shaken when their questionnaire came in the post to decide if i can work or not!!  It took nearly all last year to get PIP reinstated.  Honestly it seriously feels like harrassment.  
  • dee4848
    @englishrose Hi yes me too I was automatically put on to , oh I'm dreading the postman coming everyday .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.