paying a PA a higher rate — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

paying a PA a higher rate

Options
picchy
picchy Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Hello,

I wondered if anyone can give advice on this. I get Council funding to employ a PA but the rate of pay I've been awarded is so low I haven't found anyone decent. Does anyone have experience of paying them a higher rate out of your self-directed funds? It feels like it's my budget and I should be allowed to do this with it so I can find someone.

Any help most welcome!
Picchy

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @picchy, and welcome to the community!

It's a good question- take a look at our tips on employing a PA, and do come back to us with any questions. Some of our community members may be able to share their own experiences too!
  • picchy
    picchy Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Options
    Thanks Pippa, I've read the section on Tips for employing a PA but there's nothing that addresses my question. Can you let me know where I might be able to ask someone whether it's possible to use the funds to pay a higher rate of pay? Many thanks, Chelsea
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @picchy, sorry to hear that. I've been having a look around online and been surprised at how little guidance there seems to be in this area! I'm tagging in @Angela_Scope in case she can offer any suggestions.

One thing I did find was this factsheet from Disability Rights UK: whilst it doesn't address your specific query, there are lots of links to organisations and contacts who may be best placed to advise you further on this. DR-UK also have an advice line listed on that page, 0330 995 0404, which might also be worth a try. Really hope this helps!

Brightness