PIPS face to face need help - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIPS face to face need help

Options
2»

Comments

• jaycee6
    jaycee6 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Options
    Hi All after all the anxiety i felt about my daughters pip face to face I would like to say a big thank you to all the replies you all  gave me ,as they took away a lot of my fears and uncertainties,,Well Rosie you were right the lady we had was lovely ,not what I was expecting. she was so nice i forgot to mention somethings .I also went well prepared with my note book etc and forgot to use them ,oops..,.Hopefully it wont effect my daughters claim.Its strange but it all seems like a dream now.In fact the worse thing was finding the place in a busy city ,That caused more stress than the pip face to face.,Now the waiting game begins,I must admit it is all a long tense process. So stressful for disabled people,Just glad its over for now.
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi jaycee
    Glad things went a bit smoother than expected for you at the assessment, its such a relief to get it over and done with.  I did mean to post back earlier to find out how you got on but the site is so busy and I lost the thread (now bookmarked).  Hope you get a good outcome.

Thought you might be interested in this link below, a lot in the news today about flawed assessments!

https://www.rt.com/uk/418773-disability-cuts-pip-payments/

• jaycee6
    Options
    HI sleepy 1 Thanks for  reply ive  just gone onto the link you sent ,very interesting, Makes you wonder  what may change,I will still be worried until that envelope arrives.I just try not to think about it ,As much as i like to think it went OK .I still dont trust the system.Ill let you know how it goes.
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi sleepy1  thanks for that link, Its dreadful whats being done to so many people.At last some one is noticing whats been going on and jaycee6  hope it goes well with you too, No wonder we dont trust the system!  Im still waiting for the dreaded brown envelope to switch from DLA to PIP.  
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Jaycee and Sue, I only caught a bit of the news that was on bbc last night and have been looking for a direct link on their website to watch it and post but can't find anything as yet.  Did find the one below from channel 4.

It is shocking what these assessment companies have put people through, but then I have also read reports that the blame really lies with the DWP as if they don't like the assessment report they send it back to the assessor to be altered in their favour.  I get the feeling this is just the tip of the ice burg and much more will emerge.

Apparently the government are now going to have a consultation to decide if all assessments should be recorded..........Strewth!

https://www.channel4.com/news/benefits-contractors-criticised-by-mps
  • jaycee6
    Options
    hi Rosie that was another interesting watch.The good thing is it that it is now getting media attention.Problem is we will see any changes and if so  when.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Might be difficult as the thread is three years old and at least two of the posters haven't been on the forum for two years.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.