Just had PIP assessment at home — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just had PIP assessment at home

Options
clarzier
clarzier Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
Just had my assessment it was awful. I felt really uncomfortable and felt as though I was lying. The assessor didn't appear to have any medical knowledge and could not pronounce Crohns Disease or Psoractic arthritis and did not show any emotion or empathy at all. I offered to show her evidence as she had asked if my conditions had actually been diagnosed by a hospital but she refused to see it. She has me to do a range of physical tests which I couldnt do and said I couldn't due to pain. Don't know if this has made the assessment outcome worse.
All in all not very hopeful  

Comments

• clarzier
    Options
    Hi lillybelle i had a ESA assessment last year and the person i saw was totally different and understanding compared to the assessor I saw yesterday. I just hope for good news x
  • Fight4Justice
    Fight4Justice Community member Posts: 63 Pioneering
    Options
    Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Make sure to request an assessor's report. If you had your assessment on Thursday, I'd try ringing up PIP next Wednesday and requesting the assessor's report then, mine arrived 3 days after I requested it, it will give you a good indication of what you'll likely be getting, as the assessor recommends to the "Decision Maker", at the back of the report, what points they think you should get. It also gives you a couple weeks headstart to prepare your Mandatory Reconsideration.

Also, once you receive your assessor's report, if they lied, make sure to send in a complaint to Atos. I'd recommend sending the complaint by email as it's more convenient. This is their email for submitting a complaint: pip-customerservice@atos.net at the start of the email include your "claimant details": your name, date of birth, National Insurance No, full home address and contact number.

I'd also write an email to your MP and see if they can contact PIP on your behalf to complain. It will put an extra bit of pressure on the Case Manager/Decision Maker.

I did all the above for my situation. My assessor was incompetent and lied on my assessor's report throughout. The biggest lie was saying I had no "cognitive impairment issues" when I have diagnosed autism. Fortunately, due to the complaining I've done, the Decision Maker, is now taking my Diagnostic Assessment Report for autism, into account. I'm still waiting for my PIP award letter, no idea how it's going to go. Hoping I won't have to go through an MR, and potentially another tribunal.
  • clarzier
    Options
    I already rang dwp asking for a copy about an hour after the assessment as I can see where this is heading. My assessor was CAPITA and I've emailed my MP, Sarah Newton MP and also an email addess advised by Sarah Newton. These assessments have got to stop it' a waste of taxpayers money and I'm sure that people are losing their lives due to the stress it causes. My concern is CAPITA say that their assessor must have basic requirements of being a nurse, OT or paramedic and I can't believe she was any of those x
  • clarzier
    Options
    I was asked some exercises but I couldn' do them and said that I couldn't due to pain and she said ok. I have had a sleepless night and spent this morning in floods of tears. I keep replaying everything over and over in my head x
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    Options
    @lillybelle The questions on your qualifications are based on your memory 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.