PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

2»

Comments

• Sal1975
    Sal1975 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    She was really nice i had a home visit as can't walk at this moment with just havin a stroke she asked Wat aids I had at home n about my cooking and other things as can't  do the stairs yet but I didn't do ecircise n stuff but told I don't trust myself with my legs at the moment as last time I stud I collapsed and she said it was fine I didn't have to do so she seem ok with it all still feel like am gonna fail it so just a waitin game now as feel like av been waitin ages now 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 215 Listener
    Acctually id like to ask somebody on here that it said DWP made their decision used on two medical reports and the claim form but no mention of the assessors report ...just wondering if they don't mention that they made the desion using the assessors report .
  • Sal1975
    And told her my fella sorts all the money situations as my memory as gone really bad and my depression as gone worse plus I have a a fractured nck aswell x
  • Sal1975
    U can phone them to ask to send it but u shud get it but can take up to ten days for them to send it 
  • [Deleted User]
    Sorry to hear about your poor health ..it's only been one week since you had yours tho bit too early yet 
  • [Deleted User]
    Yes that's what the assessor has said in her report it's a good idea to get it though because if you aren't satisfied with the decision you can tell them why and point out where your assessor has gone wrong 
  • Sal1975
    Yeah I no gonna give it till at least 20 Feb b4 I phone or our but thanx 
  • [Deleted User]
    Ok Good Luck 
  • labrador68
    labrador68 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Just had my PIP form for fibromyalgia. Doctor has suppprted my choice to do this as i told i had bladder cancer October and fibromyalgia confirmed the week after. I cant even think about going bk to work as i know i wont cope for all sorts of reasons.
    My problem with visits is that cancer cant be seen and anyone with fibromyalgia knows most days are horrific but the odd day can appear quite normal. My luck would be the 'visit' would be on a better day. 
  • Sal1975
    Pip as just phoned me to ask when I got out  hospital and then said will be on touch soon can they just ring u out of the blue like that x
  • Sal1975
    My first stroke didn't no I had but my second one was worse as I can't walk and my memory as gone can't sleep but tied all the time so don't understand I got told to claim pip as I work n o did 12 hours a day so don't Wat u mean by all this plus i have bad depression n fractures spine aswell 
  • Sal1975
    How as my first stroke didn't even no I had till I was in hospital and they said it was my second one Wat was I wasn't aware of the first stroke and I was fine after the first one no effort or nothin it was only wen I had my second one were as was in hospital for a month and still learning how to walk as now av to work with a zimmer frame can't even go on the stairs as need to learn with physio as can't even cook or out have to use a commode at the moment 
  • Sal1975
    I have lived with depression and bck problems at least for 10 yrs now n plus my first stroke was in 2010 x
  • Sal1975
    Plus have lived with high blood pressure for yrs now aswell and u say I won't get pip how sure are u 
  • Sal1975
    Well I won my pip now just confused as  to wen I will get it 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.