Pip review - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Firstly this is the criteria in the DWP guide for Assessment Providers: 
    • Be an occupational therapist, nurse, physiotherapist, paramedic or doctor • Be fully registered with the relevant licensing body (doctors must have a licence to practise) • Have no sanctions attached to registration unless they relate to disability. In individual cases, this requirement may be wavered subject to prior written agreement with DWP • Have at least 2 years post full registration experience (this refers to either UK registration or equivalent overseas registration for non-UK HPs) or less than 2 years post full registration experience by individual, prior, written agreement with the Department • Have passed a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
    I'm getting mixed up as there are now 2 discussions called PIP review. Anyhow ESA and PIP are completely separate so no it shouldn't affect PIP. But who knows what goes on in their minds. ESA has different criteria as it's a work based benefit so what you can and cannot do for PIP shouldn't be compared to your ESA.  
  • dottydotty
    dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering

thankyou  I will check the regiter again to make sure .Tha assessor had a middle name which I omitted so that could be the reason.. Do you know if there are any rules regarding assessors  and if they know of the applicant .or vise versa

• wildlife
    @dottydotty All the regulations are in part 3 of the DWP's guide for Assessment Providers on Gov. uk. Lots of other stuff about how they're supposed to write the reports. I used it for my complaint when it went from ATOS to ICE. I went right through it quoting where she's not complied with the standards set. Like bad grammar and contradictions and not using facts she should have known. I think they're supposed to read all the evidence and the claim form before they see you but doubt it works in practice due to targets they have to get through so many assessments per day. 8 I think it is. They do a days reports together that's why info. looks like it's from someone else. It probably is.  
  • dottydotty

Wildlife  Thankyou once again  , I did  look up the standards several days ago but could not see anything about if the person is known to assessor etc  . bad grammar  and spelling . One eg ;   assessor wrote reports  to have a walking stick that was self brought .?  decision maker has said I had no walking stick ,    is brought not meaning had with me. I have highlighted all spelling errors  and my extra  feet and legs ....

Am at Cab  this morning , Have copied all my emails to Capita  regarding my home visit request granted . Plus there was no reason  to arrive earlier than planned as he lives close to me . .he could  have popped home for a cuppa. It threw me out him being early as was not  mentally prepared .I told him he was early he just replied   "does it matter, is that a problem"  . well to me it was.  Do I or should I  send the assessors  report to DWP showing all errors  or will they just dismiss it . ?  many thanks 

• dottydotty
    Ps   He is definitely on the register  I tried again  last night , could not find him.
  • dottydotty
    Pps one more  example in one sentence it reads HE was able to....... . I must have had a quick gender change ..   The decision letter was written  on Sunday 7th Jan  . were the DWP being overworked ?
  • wildlife
    @dottydotty Self brought should read "self bought". They distinguish between prescribed aids and one's you've bought yourself as anyone can do that. It's designed to make the DWP decision maker think that although you had a walking stick you don't necessary need one. So the DM took it a bit further and said you didn't have one which is a downright lie. 
    No point in sending the report to DWP as they already have a copy and you will only be wasting your time as they would just refer it back to Capita. It needs to go with your complaint. Your claim and the complaint about the assessment and report are 2 separate things and need to be seen that way to have the best chance of changing your award. The only connection is to let DWP know you've complained which you've already done. The assessor being early should be part of your complaint. Explain what effect this had on you. All the errors in your report go against the DWP guidelines which say it should be in clear English using as few words as possible and of course factually correct which it is not.   
  • dottydotty

wildlife  you are more informative than my CAB helper . Thankyou .  I will keep the  Assessors report discrepancies out of the MR  and save them for when CAPITA  reply further,  ( they said 20 days  to investigate  the complaint.)  One piece of information I have not sent to DWP is the actual score/ scores  I believe I should  have received .,  as I did not think it would have any bearing on the  MR decision    .They  do have a full list of reasons  as to why I disagree .

• Goods68
    Goods68 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    I have been through this process with DLA, over 10 years ago! 
    Same process same procedure, 
    Just got through it with PIP, now waiting for the next '!!!
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    wildlife Re- Virtigo  I actuslly asked the assessor if he had any knowledge of this condition . he just replied I'm a health advisor . I read your other discussion about checking on the assessors registration I looked it up he is not on it typed the name in and went thrugh all the titles paramedic etc  but could not find him .
    we do think alike i did that on two i have seen one was reg a teat after my acessmant the other ummm prob out the country so capita said hahaha

• maid08
    maid08 said:
    wildlife Re- Virtigo  I actuslly asked the assessor if he had any knowledge of this condition . he just replied I'm a health advisor . I read your other discussion about checking on the assessors registration I looked it up he is not on it typed the name in and went thrugh all the titles paramedic etc  but could not find him .
    we do think alike i did that on two i have seen one was reg a year
     after my acessmant the other ummm prob out the country so capita said hahaha

• dottydotty

maid08   update ;   my assessor is now on the register (  newly registered ) , So maybe he was fresh out of training when he assessed me,.either way  he was ill equipt  . I did ask about Capita  about a same sex assessor  but was told only  allowed on religious or cultural  reasons ,  Surely  this  is  discrimination . 

• maid08
    myself i would copy details of reg put in complaint to youer mp asking why a member of public doing acessmants before reg to do so and you are deeply concerned that they could abuse youer info

• maid08
    also email frank fields mp in london he is causeing problems for dwp now

• maid08
    edited February 2018
    it is such a farce that this could even hapen   capita and atos just do as they like and dwp plough millions into them to do it  the cost must out waigh the  saveings surely yet nothing is done email complaint to dwp it might get nothing but it is another nail to add to complaints number they cant hide from
  • dottydotty
    maid08  Thankyou  I might just write to MP . Will await my decision letter and if award still delcined  I will  then decide if I want to take it to tribunal OR just reapply  for Pip  & ,be better prepared  & have assessment recorded  .  ( mine was a reassessment so I wasn't 100% sure what info the assessor had other than my review award form ) .
  • maid08
    maid08  Thankyou  I might just write to MP . Will await my decision letter and if award still delcined  I will  then decide if I want to take it to tribunal OR just reapply  for Pip  & ,be better prepared  & have assessment recorded  .  ( mine was a reassessment so I wasn't 100% sure what info the assessor had other than my review award form ) .
    thats the prob do we know what they have are they on fist form or review form  im told they do new reascessmant regardless and we should get all evidence again well **** that bit they have it all already and should only note the change not the whole claim again

• lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
     can anyone tell me I have my Pip assessment on Wednesday what days are contact them to get my report I'll how long do you think
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    If you mean your pip assesement interview i rang as soon as i got home and they sent the aasessor report back to me with in ten days
  • donna122
    donna122 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi freckles how long after your assessment did you get your decision thx

Brightness