Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

Helented
Helented Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I don't know where to start I had to cancel my PIP home assessment because of a hospital appointment. The man told me that I had an assessment centre a mile away and made me an appointment. When I heard the post code I checked it's about 30 miles away. They told me that I can only rearrange once so if my emergency MRI and CT scan arrived I will have to cancel them. They said if I get a taxi they will reimburse but I don't trust them. I'm having to take my Ill husband with pulmonary fibrosis because I won't get there without his support. I have severe depression and anxiety and I am sitting here in floods of tears. I am terrified that I am going to hell and they will just say no. I have already lost my Esa. Sorry to waffle but I can't tell anyone how scared i am.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    If they had already agreed to a home assessment and you had to cancel it why have you been given an appointment to attend one of the centres? Why did you agree to that appointment in the first place? They should have given you a date for another home assessment not for one of their centres. As you have already agreed to this then unfortunately you will have to attend this.

If a taxi is needed and they have agreed to reimburse you then after the appointment they will give you a form to fill in. Once this is filled in and returned they will pay you the money back.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    We dont all get the taxi money they promise they are not known for thejr trust or trutj
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I have had two pip acessments with a taxi to each appointment, the first was £40 each way and the second £60 each way got a receipt from the drivers filled in form sent off had money paid back into my account within three weeks.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I had no problems with assessment company refunding my taxi fares and paying into my account promptly.
  • Helented
    Helented Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for your comments guys x
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Helented, I just wanted to add my sympathies- it can feel really overwhelming to have to go through this process on top of dealing with complex health issues. Do you have an assessment date? Do keep us updated and we'll advise wherever we can- many of our community members have unfortunately had similar experiences and we're all rooting for you!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.