Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, my name is Alison Brooks.

I am a clinical negligence solicitor and have been acting for children with cerebral palsy for over 30 years. I noticed a discussion about a family considering legal advice and realised that many families do not know that legal aid is still available for birth injury claims. The system is not as good as a few years ago but it is still worth considering legal aid. Usually you have to make a complaint to the hospital 1st. If anyone is unsure about making a complaint, I am happy to offer support to prepare the letter to the Trust. I am Chair of Trustees of a local charity in Nottingham supporting children with special needs and my firm is very involved with charity work. I am also a Law Society Clinical Negligence panel member and Honorary AvMA panel member.

 Please note that very few cases involving cerebral palsy are due to medical errors, but a complaint can give families much needed answers. Doctors/midwives should now be more open about treatment and usually would be happy to meet with parents to discuss the medical care.

I hope this is helpful.


Sign in or join us to comment.