Hi, my name is Alison Brooks. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Alison Brooks.

AlisonBrooks
AlisonBrooks Community member Posts: 6 Listener

I am a clinical negligence solicitor and have been acting for children with cerebral palsy for over 30 years. I noticed a discussion about a family considering legal advice and realised that many families do not know that legal aid is still available for birth injury claims. The system is not as good as a few years ago but it is still worth considering legal aid. Usually you have to make a complaint to the hospital 1st. If anyone is unsure about making a complaint, I am happy to offer support to prepare the letter to the Trust. I am Chair of Trustees of a local charity in Nottingham supporting children with special needs and my firm is very involved with charity work. I am also a Law Society Clinical Negligence panel member and Honorary AvMA panel member.

Please note that very few cases involving cerebral palsy are due to medical errors, but a complaint can give families much needed answers. Doctors/midwives should now be more open about treatment and usually would be happy to meet with parents to discuss the medical care.

I hope this is helpful.

Comments

Brightness