How can we manage?
I am 65years of age had to take early retirement at 56years to care for my husband who is now through lots of illness is disabled,i have seven children and 15 grandchildren and another baby due in june,we are all very close and they live not far from us,2 years ago I lost carers allowance before i reached 63years of age and have been struggling finacially now a new payment method is starting this year i already pay a lot for my morgage if interest rates go up i am not sure how we shall manage ,any advice
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 710 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 941 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.