pip again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip again

joyclyn
joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have already posted a question about Pl P but forgot to say  I am nearly 68  so  I could not reapply what do I do  if I have no change at the appeal  even when all my benifits were stopped in doing this also my pension credit was cut to less than half I used to receive  it's terrible but I am not alone some poor people that also have lost there money I cannot express how I feel as I would get locked up but for some woman who knew nothing  about me to inform dwp  give me 2 points  the lies alone sorry I could scream how do they get away with it 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2018
    Concentrate on your appeal. Disabilty Rights UK site has a guide to PIP appeals and there is the Disabilty Rights Handbook price £15 from the DR site - good section on appeal hearings.

If you don't get PIP you can claim attendance allowance which is available to over 65s but has no mobility component.
  • joyclyn
    Thank you. I will have it looked into 
  • duckett123
    duckett123 Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
    go to your local council or cab and they will help and in some cases will attend with you.
  • joyclyn
    Appriciate  your reply Thank uou
  • emmrald
    emmrald Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    I have a son who was born with a save at disibility they sent a note to  my son saying he had an appointment he miss red it as he can't read so they stopped Elsa and pips what's he supposed to live on
  • janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Begining to think we should all record any meetings we have with DWP as then they couldn't get away with the lies. I watched a BBC interview with a nurse who used to do the interviews with applicants but she left after saying they were unfair. She said they used to get paid £50 more for doing over 5 interviews and was expected to do them in less than half an hour. She said it was impossible to do a correct assessment in that time and alot of them used to just copy and paste their assessments just to save time. 
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    I think that is what happened in my F2F Assessment for PIP.  She seemed to be only able to tick the first box in each section.  The interview only lasted 20 mins.  I was supposed to have answered a lot of questions and demonstrated I could do various exercises in that time.  I complained to the Assessment Company because the Assessor had put a false finishing time on the report & the whole report was inaccurate. They confirmed their records show I was only in their offices for 33 minutes & some of that time I went to the toilet yet according to the Assessor the interview took 50 minutes.  However they could not accept or reject most of the complaint as it is my word against the Assessor and when she was interviewed by a senior member of staff from the Company she supposed to have followed all the guidelines & procedures.  I am just about to take my complaint higher as I was not satisfied with the Company response.
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    I think that is what happened in my F2F Assessment for PIP.  She seemed to be only able to tick the first box in each section.  The interview only lasted 20 mins.  I was supposed to have answered a lot of questions and demonstrated I could do various exercises in that time.  I complained to the Assessment Company because the Assessor had put a false finishing time on the report & the whole report was inaccurate. They confirmed their records show I was only in their offices for 33 minutes & some of that time I went to the toilet yet according to the Assessor the interview took 50 minutes.  However they could not accept or reject most of the complaint as it is my word against the Assessor and when she was interviewed by a senior member of staff from the Company she supposed to have followed all the guidelines & procedures.  I am just about to take my complaint higher as I was not satisfied with the Company response.
    its very dificult to get sense from  the companys be it atos or capita  mine was dreadful  and so far complaints being ignored just replying with drivil   but i hope you get some success

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.