FIRBOMYALGIA PIP TRIBUNAL — Scope | Disability forum


kelly92 Member Posts: 3 Listener

I am taking my pip claim for Fibromyalgia to tribunal as my mandatory reconsideration was rejected and not awarded.
Does any have any tips to win the case or advise to help me with this?
They do not seem to take Fibro seriously and my condition is getting much worse.

Has anybody else gone to tribunal with this condition? 


  • Diane1729
    Diane1729 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hello Kelly92  I went to tribunal for Fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, cervical spondylosis, hypothyroid etc.  I got the standard rate on both.

  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,217 Disability Gamechanger
    hi kelly and welcome

    try the B&W self test


    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Many thanks to everyone who puts up email address for us.
    Your help is much appreciated and saves us a lot of time when we need information 
  • Geoffvernau_
    Geoffvernau_ Member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi Kelly my wife got enhanced pop and living for this condition. She did not have to go to appeal. You need to explain it's not just about pain. My wife gets brain fog. She can't always think straight. Exhaustion is also a big problem for her. Hope it turns out well.
  • kelly92
    kelly92 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi thank you all for your comments. 
    I agree this condition is not just about pain and I have similar symptoms where I can not think straight some days. I am exhausted every day and around mid afternoon have to take naps to keep me going for the rest of the day, otherwise I start to suffer migraines, and tension head aches. I have been denied PIP twice now, and I don't feel that they take this condition seriously. 
    I will keep the site updated on how my tribunal goes however, I am aware that this may take some time!


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.