Pip review - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

124»

Comments

• freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    About a fortnite but i,m going through the mandontary stage at the minute they told total lies at my assesement 
  • donna122
    donna122 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Sorry to hear that it hope it all works out for you seems to be very unfair in these assessments,also anyone sending correspondence to them, at the post office ask for proof of sent rather than paying for recorded delivery save your money 
  • freckles
    Yeah i did all that sent all my letters in from consultants doctors all by recorded delivery even my MR letter just for piece of mind then i no they had got it cos i tracked on my phone its the luck of the draw some people send in medical info and dnt get called for an a assesement other do like me i was on enhanced rate for five years but now they put me on standard rate when i clearly told them my health condition had gotten worse the assessor just told total lies i have a serious lung condition and my nails have clubbed i showed her my nails and she put in her report my finger nails were clean also that i had clean hair i had no hair because i shave it i was coughing a lot and she got me a glass of water then said in her report i coughed very lightly all lies
  • donna122
    That's awful! I had an assessment a week ago, I'm not sure how it went it's my first time applying for pip I've never applied for dla before either 
  • freckles
    The woman who assessed me was the smiling assasin!!!!! but finally hopefully fingers toes and legs crossed the courts are finally standing up to the DWP
  • donna122
    Here's hoping whereabouts are you 
  • Goods68
    Goods68 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Let's all hope!!  Don't forget that they are the system !!
  • freckles
  • donna122
    I'm in the north of Ireland 
  • freckles
    Thats nice i,m north wales so whats the system like in ireland is it run by capita, maximus or atos
  • donna122
    It was capita girl seemed to be ok but sure you never know with these things 
  • freckles
    No the thing is there not qualified in mental health or physical matters they just in it for the money which is so wrong and between them and the DWP they have and will continue to destroy people lives
  • lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
     I thought I only went for a assessment for my mobility part I already got an ensuite daily living allowance but the medication went on I cannot do a lot I'm always tired I can't cook because I'm not safe and stable enough and fell down the stairs on my medication in damage my coxic bone so I can not bend wash myself or get dressed on my own I need help by my carer all the time so do you think I'll get the mobility bit for not pushing myself cannot get dressed on my own cannot Cook cannot go out basically I cannot do nothing it feels like I'm not living I'm just existing as a person it's not fair so do anyone think I will get the mobility but can they tell me or what do you think and I got a good chance
  • freckles
    It all depends on the assessor
  • Salamka101
    Salamka101 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Early in this discussion I predicted that the profit warning issued by Capita was just a thinly veiled warning to the Government that their continued involvement in PiP would cost. Almost immediately the Government announced a further £400m to keep Atos and Capita on side. £400 million so these charlatans can keep on hammering in the nails that crucify so many disabled claimants.
    I watched the debate in Parliament on Thursday which was well intentioned but quickly descended into the usual meaningless waffle, much of it, as the Speaker noted, overlong. The strident claim that spending of the disabled had increased by £7 billion in the last 10 years was the Tory Ace card.
    Sadly this is not a record the Government should be in any way proud of. Rather it shames both them and us.
    PiP was flawed from the start. The intention was to reduce the number of long term DLA mobility by 20% saving over £2 billion. This was achieved with more than 50000 people with physical disabilities losing the right to Motability as a result. Leaving aside the question of whether this made any sense since those with limikted walking ability were the most likely to be in employment, PiP was further complicated by a clumsy and misguided attempt to treat Physical and Mental disabilities as one and the same. They are not!
    That the Government totally miscalculated the effect this would have on spending is best illustrated by the urgent changes they attempted to bring in to restrict claims based on certain mental illnesses. The Courts ruled these changes illegal and costs kept rising as a result.
    The result is what we see every day. The DWP under pressure to curb the increasing costs putting pressure on the assessors to use any means to slow down the entire claims process.
    Robbing Peter to pay Paul seemed like a good idea at he time. Unfortunately the needs of Paul vastly exceded the amount robbed from Peter. And the foot dragging by the DWP and their minions is making a bad situation worse. Some claimants, myself included, have ended up with more benefits than we wanted or needed in cash terms but not the help we wanted. Some might well accept the extra payment but others are not getting the help they are entitled to.

Brightness