Capita agree / uphold my complaint about Assessor . How do I us this to my best advantage . — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita agree / uphold my complaint about Assessor . How do I us this to my best advantage .

dottydotty
dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
Hi  I have received my reply from Capita , they have agreed to most of the complaint I made regarding my Assessment and report .  I now need to know what action I should  take . . Do I just forward a copy of this letter to DWP to be filed with my MR . or can I take it further higher up ? 

Comments

• dottydotty

Or  do you think I will be asked to attend another assessment ?

• debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    i should ask for compensation for any stress they have caused you!
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hi dotty, I would forward it with your MR and see what they say.  You can probably take it further if need be later on.  Just my opinion but I think it is unlikely you would be called for another assessment, but if you were, they would have to re-address properly about the things you complained about.........otherwise there would be more good reason for you to have another complaint.

How many complaints can they deal with?

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Dont send the original take a copy
  • dottydotty
    Thankyou for the advice . I have taken a copy and will send it to be added to all the other evidence I have had to send regarding my MR ..  I am now writing to Capita to address the  other errors , grammar  spelling , ommissions , etc . I am hoping DWP will reinstate my award   .Also I need all the factual errors  removing from  my Data as it contradicts past assessments  and will contradict  any future assessments .   Compensation ?  I am tempted to  ask for my postage costs to be refunded. . . how do the Assessors  get away with it ?    In my reply it stated that they do numerous assessments & reports in any one day ,  yes and I think they get them mixed up.
  • dottydotty
    sleepy1   Thankyou . If I hadn't joined this site I would not have known as much as I do now , regarding  assessors  reports  subject access requests etc  so i am  very grateful to everyone .     Let battle commence .
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @dottydotty

You might want to ask in Ask a benefits advisor category what you could do.
  • dottydotty

Matilda Thankyou  ,  

• sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hi Dotty
    Compensation???   Have you taken to many meds this morning ; ))

See where your coming from getting the records put straight as I am fairly sure assessors do look at previous ones.  On my last f2f (ESA) the first thing I was asked was why do you want it recording because it looks like your last one went well.
    I was told in the past by a DM that all the departments for PIP, ESA etc are all completely separate and do not share any information........NOT TRUE.  This was flagged up when (during appeal) PIP used as evidence details from a previous f2f ESA  report that they did not get from me.  I was able to provide a letter that agreed Atos during their esa assessment had falling short on what was expected (basically they had told porky pies).

It may be worth persueing your complaint with Capita but not on spelling or grammar, don't get bogged down with the finer details and focus your energy on the main facts. 
    Chances are your MR wont be changed no matter what you write or send because I don't think they even bother to read any of it........Mistic Medical Megs have already spoken and as we all know they have special powers that can conjour up any old tripe that decision makers must adhere to in order to get a bonus.

X Rosie 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger

Hi dottydotty

If the assessment report is deemed not fit for purpose then you may well be called for a new f2f. They may also look again at all the evidence and do a PB assessment. If you have sent further medical evidence then DWP may return your file to the AP for another HCP to produce a new report as the DWP don't have in house medical expertise.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dottydotty
    Thankyou for the replies  . . Have sent in as much evidence as I can. They have copy of my Capita complaint and reply.  It is now  a waiting game .
  • dottydotty

Hi dottydotty

If the assessment report is deemed not fit for purpose then you may well be called for a new f2f. They may also look again at all the evidence and do a PB assessment. If you have sent further medical evidence then DWP may return your file to the AP for another HCP to produce a new report as the DWP don't have in house medical expertise.

CR
    Update .  Received my MR decision letter today .No change ,No award . The summing up was  brief and merely said they have agreed with the assessors report.   No mention of the complaint I lodged with Capita ,( Capita agreed / upheld my complaint )  .is it worth taking up with an independent case manager ?  or can I write to DWP as I am still awaiting a further reply from Capita as a further investigations are  taking place .    

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I would suggest you go to your local cab or money advice team and your mp for advice. Good luck. 
  • dottydotty
    mikehughescq   Thankyou for the information. I did send a copy of my Capita  reply with my MR and explained that I am awaiting the results of the further investigation.   but  this  information  has been  ignored / overlooked by the decision maker . I also sent additional  medical evidence , I am at a a loss as to what further  evidence I can produce for  a tribunal other than myself and to try to prove I meet the descriptors I chose .  I iwould prefer a paper based tribunal  but have heard a higher percentage fail with these .. alternatively I could just reapply for Pip and start again.  
  • dottydotty
    I would suggest you go to your local cab or money advice team and your mp for advice. Good luck. 
    Hi  The CAB helped with my MR request , I was wondering if I should contact my MP . Thankyou for the Good Luck wishes .  

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi dottydotty

Sorry you didn't get the result you deserve at MR, you now need to go to tribunal and attend if possible.
    Please do get f2f advice with this form CAB or similar

Please see your inbox

Once you have got your appeal underway, which may well take many months and a hearing might be after your cut off date, you should then make a new claim. You should also get help with this if possible, but we are here to help in any way we can

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Meslem2208
    Meslem2208 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    They do admit fault, they agreed lads wasn’t done right loads of failings agreed to financially compensate and change the documents to DwP etc .. totally amazed
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    They do admit fault, they agreed lads wasn’t done right loads of failings agreed to financially compensate and change the documents to DwP etc .. totally amazed

This is an old thread which was posted 4 years ago. Hopefully the member went to onto be awarded PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.