Losing all my support — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Losing all my support

K80
K80 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2018 in Mental health and wellbeing
I have been diagnosed with a personality disorder and severe PTSD I have been in the system for years and last month due to lack of funding they withdrew my CPA , told me I need several years of psychological input but there aren't any psychologists,! So I've been told to go private which I can't afford due to contributing financially to my carers who come in due to my physical disabilities. I'm really struggling to cope! My gp is putting I a complaint but he said it won't change the fact there isn't any help. Feel totally abandoned and written off. I don't know what to do?

Comments

• kath1234
    kath1234 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    I'm new on here. I'm having to send begging letters to get help for my son. In this day and age this is all so cruel.
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    I am sorry it is bad what's happening   but I hope you get through  it all   with happy ending
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @K80
    Welcome to the community, I am sorry you are having such a tough time.  Have you thought about contacting your MP?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    In some areas there are charities and individual counsellors/therapists who will counsel you for very little money. Also, if you live near a university that teaches psychology/counselling, they sometimes have a low-cost service. 

Otherwise, are there any support groups near you? They're not professionals, of course, but it can be helpful to share with others.

Self-help books can help. I've used one called Mind Over Mood, which was good. 

Hope that might help...
  • kath1234
    kath1234 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    My son is going through the same thing. Apparently what you both suffer with is a grey area where there isn't the help .I know his won't be any help to yourself but my son committed a crime and is in court very soon . We are hoping the courts make it conditional he gets help. I really do feel for you. 
  • Shylers
    Shylers Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Sadly I understand only too well...?
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried charitable mental health organisations? Good luck 

Brightness