PIP assessment lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment lies

Options
Annieo
Annieo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm another one that has had a PIP assessment where the assessor told lies about the exercises and had my enhanced daily living allowance stopped completely. Since Rheumatoid Arthritis is a progressive disease, how did that happen?

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Annieo and welcome to the community.  So sorry to read of your experience but, as you've gathered, you're in no minority here. How did it happen? Ah. Idiocy and selfishness, governments that can fund wars and find money to keep themselves in power, and a great deal of fear and insecurity that leaves people looking for someone to blame.
    You're very much in a safe place here, and among friends. Whilst I'm no expert myself, others, more expert, will be along to respond to your post in due course. Bear with us, if you can, and don't hesitate to talk to us about any ways in which we may be of help.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Annieo and welcome

Have you asked for a copy of the report ?
    Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Options
    As CR says ask for a copy of report ASAP they have to give it to you. When you get it work through their answers ( which are probably wrong) and elaborate on your response to the activities. Good luck)
  • Annieo
    Annieo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thank you all, yes I have received the report and will be drafting a full response later today. I just can't believe that the assessor can put these lies down in black and white and think they can get away with it. Surely they should be taken to court when it is so blatantly obvious that it is lies. Sorry just letting off steam.

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    hi Annieo. as JennysDad said you are not the only one. i had an operation on my right shoulder and had to go on esa. i went for an esa assesment i was told that if i could lift one arm above my head i was fit for work. it was my right arm that i had the operation on and i am right handed. they stopped my esa! he also decided to aske me questions that had nothing to do with my shoulder such as how far i could walk which is covered by my pip. fortunatley although my esa has stopped i still get my pip but they have reduced my pip award. when i read his report he had made out that there was nothing wrong with me and this made me look like a liar!
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    hi lillybelle. they are supposed to be! when they stopped my esa i had to phone the peole who are dealing with my pip to check they hadnt stopped that as well as it confusd me. i was told i would still get it till 2022 but they have played about with it. first off all they put it up from standard to enhanced daily living and now thay have reduced me back down to the standard rate. but i am one of the lucky ones. someone told me the other day that her mom had been asked to give her mobility car back even though she can hardly walk.
  • trayg108
    trayg108 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I use to get low pip low Mobilty, due to my health and cannot do things adaptions made in my home I asked for a review, sent in new medical reports and had an assessment which was lies and case manager went along with this disregarded my medical evidence, and was rude on the phone, could tell he was working from home, put a complaint in about case managers report as what he said was nothing like my medical evidence states, I get seen by mental health team now, sent in paperwork to say I need intence phycology and dates this will start, had a lengthy lot of reports of this sent in take low dosage antidepressants, case manager put down due to low antidepressants and being seen by mental health team that I am ok in so many words, he put down my lungs ok even though they got reports I have scaring if lungs and there's not much can be done for this my breathing bad but am under respiratory hospital for this, I have arthritis both knees had Adaptions in my home wet room etc use cruchies, sent proof had septis twice through kidney stones I still got had operations in pain daily, diabetes had pneumonia few times last time Dec 2022 he put down had been in hospital with bad chest discharged no medication, I sent in report says had pneumonia, crackling on lungs sent home day after antibiotics, got loads more, put in a complaint seven weeks ago keep ring up to be told someone will contact me not a person has rang up yesterday to be told don't know why no one has she took a statement from me she said someone will be in contact 15 working days would not let me speak to senior complaints manager I've lost my Mobilty, now am going through appeal but I cannot attend all my hospital doctors etc appointments as I use taxis and my pip buys me my diabetes food, my anxiety and depression so bad thoughts again of ending my life all the time, it's so wrong the way we get treated and when people suffer mentally and get bad reports lies etc it makes us worse something needs to be done with this it's getting worse, see people on Facebook bragging they get high and high pip go on holidays parting weekends, Botox done etc I carnt even get to my appointments it's a joke
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear how frustrating things are for you at the moment @trayg108 and you are welcome to vent by all means. I just wanted to pop on and mention that this thread was last updated in 2018, so any members posting here might take a while to reply.

I'm sorry to hear about the impact this is having on your mental health. Did you know you can self-refer for additional mental health support without speaking to your GP?

You might also like to take a look at Mind's guidance on self-care with depression

If you'd like more immediate support with the thoughts you're having, you can call Samaritans on 116 123 or text 'SHOUT' to 85258 for free anytime. 

Let us know if we can help with anything, and we'll do what we can to support you :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.