PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP assessment lies

AnnieoAnnieo Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
I'm another one that has had a PIP assessment where the assessor told lies about the exercises and had my enhanced daily living allowance stopped completely. Since Rheumatoid Arthritis is a progressive disease, how did that happen?

Replies

• JennysDadJennysDad Member Posts: 2,308 Pioneering
    Hello @Annieo and welcome to the community.  So sorry to read of your experience but, as you've gathered, you're in no minority here. How did it happen? Ah. Idiocy and selfishness, governments that can fund wars and find money to keep themselves in power, and a great deal of fear and insecurity that leaves people looking for someone to blame.
    You're very much in a safe place here, and among friends. Whilst I'm no expert myself, others, more expert, will be along to respond to your post in due course. Bear with us, if you can, and don't hesitate to talk to us about any ways in which we may be of help.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Annieo and welcome

Have you asked for a copy of the report ?
    Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kevin888kevin888 Member Posts: 53 Courageous
    As CR says ask for a copy of report ASAP they have to give it to you. When you get it work through their answers ( which are probably wrong) and elaborate on your response to the activities. Good luck)
  • AnnieoAnnieo Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you all, yes I have received the report and will be drafting a full response later today. I just can't believe that the assessor can put these lies down in black and white and think they can get away with it. Surely they should be taken to court when it is so blatantly obvious that it is lies. Sorry just letting off steam.

• deb74deb74 Member Posts: 754 Pioneering
    hi Annieo. as JennysDad said you are not the only one. i had an operation on my right shoulder and had to go on esa. i went for an esa assesment i was told that if i could lift one arm above my head i was fit for work. it was my right arm that i had the operation on and i am right handed. they stopped my esa! he also decided to aske me questions that had nothing to do with my shoulder such as how far i could walk which is covered by my pip. fortunatley although my esa has stopped i still get my pip but they have reduced my pip award. when i read his report he had made out that there was nothing wrong with me and this made me look like a liar!
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    I thought the two awards were separate ?
  • deb74deb74 Member Posts: 754 Pioneering
    hi lillybelle. they are supposed to be! when they stopped my esa i had to phone the peole who are dealing with my pip to check they hadnt stopped that as well as it confusd me. i was told i would still get it till 2022 but they have played about with it. first off all they put it up from standard to enhanced daily living and now thay have reduced me back down to the standard rate. but i am one of the lucky ones. someone told me the other day that her mom had been asked to give her mobility car back even though she can hardly walk.
Sign in or join us to comment.