Face to face assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Face to face assessment

Options
CarolBell
CarolBell Community member Posts: 1 Listener
what does assessment involve?

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @CarolBell,

Welcome to the community. Are you asking about the PIP assessment?

Scope have produced this video that you might find useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq5QV_SnkJs

• maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    Options
    CarolBell said:
    what does assessment involve?
    you  tell the truth they get you to do childish things like stand up or hold a bit paper   ask you about youer illness  which they google befor visit  they sit watching listening  writing then smile and leave ?then you sit thinking thats easy and whhat a loverly person   then you get result and fall thru every emotion  as its lies and completely diff to what you said ??sorry but i beleave the true side should be given BUT REMMBER  not all acessers are the same  i do honestly hope you will be okay ??if you can take a male or female with you dressed very smartly and introduce them as youer soliciter  i think thats my next step
  • Joy2018
    Joy2018 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    In my experience the pip assessment is demoralising and degrading and they do basically make you out to be a liar. My partner was on higher rate Dla for care and mobility, and since the pip assessment he is now only on standard rate for care and mobility on pip. It's a disgrace. The assessors aren't even properly qualified.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Joy2018, sorry that your transition from DLA to PIP didn't go as you expected. Firstly the two benefits are totally different, whereas the DLA focused on your disability PIP focuses on your ability to manage daily living activities and your mobility abilities. When you filled in the PIP form you will have noticed the questions where asking you can you do this or that. It's these answers that the acessor focuses on at the acessment to determine your abilities and award the corresponding points according to your abilities and the same for the mobility part of the he acessment. The fact you may have a lot of health problems is not the focus of the acessment, but your abilities to manage daily living activities and to give assistance with your mobility issues. I hope this explanation helps you understand why your award may have been lowered moving from DLA to PIP.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had my assessment and it was one and half hours long.
    I didn't get asked to do anything besides some memory tests. 

Perhaps PIP will be an improvement to some claimant's. My conditions are rare and therfore unheard of! 
    However I don't have my report yet so I may change my mind when I read it. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Options
    I cannot request my report because I live in Northern Ireland. I have to wait on the decision. THEN I can finally get a copy of the report, seems like they don't want to give us any clues over here.

Lol
    Shady.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.