Telephone Calls To Atos — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Telephone Calls To Atos

keira
keira Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Is it possible to get a transcript from atos of any calls you make to them?

I understand they do not record calls but could you get a copy of what their agent typed up?

Comments

• sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Hi Keira,

I cannot give you a direct answer but I think you may be able to! Don't take my word for it though as I am only experienced with Capita.

Every time I phone they have notes on my 'account' so to speak and can tell me when I phoned them what I asked for etc.

I would give it a try.
    Shady.
  • keira
    To what end would be my first question? 

People tend to obsess on the minutiae of dealing with an assessment provider when they need to focus on the process of doing an MR or appeal if needed and lodging formal complaints where also needed. 

What is it you think such a transcript will give you?

• keira
    Hi Mike,

During telephone calls with them they asked for lots of detailed information which they said would be included as evidence when the paper based assessment was completed. However, it seems that none of this information was taken into account when the report was completed.

They have recently said that all copies of notes can only be requested via the DWP but I'm sure I've read on here that is incorrect?

• keira
    Aha, right. 

You can make a subject access request under the Data Protection Act but proving they didn’t do something isn’t enough to prove you’re entitled to PIP. The main thing is to ensure that information is included in any MR or appeal.
    Thanks Mike,

So they are wrong when they say the request for copies of the notes has to go via DWP?
  • keira
    Yes. It’s nonsense. Capita hold the data and they’re the data processor. Nothing to do with the DWP at all.
    Thanks for that Mike. 

With regard to the notes, as you say these could prove that they didn't take all of the evidence into account. However, I feel that if they had used the evidence then they would not have made silly excuses to play down the seriousness of the disability and its effects! Does that make sense and would it hold any weight with the tribunal?

• dottydotty
    dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
    Username_removed   Do Capita forward a Subject Access Request to the DWP .?  Also who is responsible for removing incorrect data on your file would this be the Assessment company or DWP .  Have a complaint upheld by Capita regarding my personal information etc
  • keira
    edited February 2018
    You may feel that but it’s near impossible to prove. They could just as easily have taken into account all you said but have come to the same conclusion. The tribunal won’t be interested in what might have happened. They’ll just want all the evidence in front of them so they can determine the matter afresh.
    Thanks for that. You have have made things much clearer for me.

This is very much a cat & mouse game!
  • dottydotty
    If you’re asking for data on you that only the assessment provider holds ((such as the recording of a conversation or their notes on same) then it’s nowt to do with DWP. They would only forward a request if you were asking them for info. held or owned by DWP such as your claim pack.
    Thankyou . I have requested to have a copy of everything  the DWP hold about me . ESA,   DLA &  PIP  .   The complaint reply from Capita  has been forwarded to DWP . Capita error so hopefully they will address this . 
  • keira
    Yes. It’s nonsense. Capita hold the data and they’re the data processor. Nothing to do with the DWP at all.
    Despite repeated attempts they are refusing to release the data and insist the request has to be made via the DWP. I'm not sure how to proceed further with this, any suggestions would be appreciated.

• keira
    Are you doing this over the phone or in writing? Are you viewer what it is you’re asking for and that it’s them who hold that specific data not DWP?
    Hi,
    This has all been done in writing and yes I have stated that it's them who hold the data and not DWP.
  • dottydotty

keira   I had the same problem with Capita ,  they just forwarded my request to DWP .Am still awaiting the paperwork ,and  still awaiting reply from Capita .4 emails ignored .

• keira
    Hi Dotty and thanks for replying. I think I remember reading that @wildlife may have had similar problems (I might be wrong though!). Maybe they could help if so?
  • dottydotty
    mikehughescq   I have it in writing that Capita uphold my complaint . I agree this  may  not change the decision but it may go someway to proving the HP  has not complied with DWP guide lines and has failed to record my information correctly  ,if taken to a Tribunal .
  • dottydotty
    mikehughesq  Thankyou for your comments . I am hoping the decision maker might just consider the validity of the report and might just agree with my objections  to the descriptors chosen. 
  • dottydotty
    mikehughescq  hello .   I disagree with both the points scored and the descriptors they chose to apply . The HP  scored me 2 points across all the descriptors , These 2 points were awarded for communication due to  profound hearing loss .  The DWP decision maker stated in her letter that the HP report was all she had to go on .  Resulting in me losing my award of enhanced care and standard mobility .
  • dottydotty
    mikehughesq  Thankyou   I appreciate your comments and you have pointed in the right direction.  I thought I was half way there by having my letter from Capita  upholding with my complaint ,I now need to concentrate on proving my disabilities ( numerous )  and the fact they they do  indeed limit my ability to perform the daily tasks . Also Capita changed my assessment  from a venue to a home visit on the grounds of my being unable to partake of the journey . So I feel it is a contradiction to award me nil points for mobility . 
  • dottydotty
        mikehughescq
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    every call is recorded and yes you can get a copy you must include approx time and date of call but if you do not you can still get them from capita as to paperwork capita claim they hold nothing but yes they do ?and must supply if asked for  they may send you a fredom information form they did me asking for dates i require it from ???
    just put all info held ???

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.