How long for a pip decision - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for a pip decision

Comments

• Henry
    Henry Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Any   other  British Veterans   on this  site  ?
  • wak10
    wak10 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    My auntie claimed through anxiety and depression.  She was self harming and on regular medication which effected her greatly . She was told to claim for pip she filled in the form had an assessment and 8 weeks later was awarded a substantial monthly pay out . 
    Again another person unknown to me living in Nottingham received £20000 in back pay claiming pip for anxiety and depression. He was in our local paper last year . Yet how come people who have physical disabilities struggle to get an award ? Really confused me . 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    The decision took four weeks from my assessment. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Henry
    Henry Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Wak10.   What    .... enhanced  on  care  & mobility? 
  • wak10
    I don't know the full details on the man that was awarded £20000 in back pay . But my aunties claim went through very quick . Obviously mental health is a big thing now days to what it was and they did go through her medical records thoroughly. Again I don't know everything that was put in her assessment paper all that I know are the obvious difficulties mentally she's having and been and through her medication ( which they were particularly interested in ) . I just wish I knew what they base it all on as it seems the criteria is different from one person to the next and dosent seem fair . 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • wak10
    @Victoriad I suggest you read my message again . I said mental health is a big thing now days compared to what it use to be . I.E it's taken more seriously than ever now . I don't need lecturing on mental health as I suffer from it after having a huge breakdown 2 years ago . I'm on sertaline and propranonol dailey I've self harmed to the extent I've scarred my stomach and cut skin from my thumbs . Ive had counciling fortnight appointments at he doctors and my work let me go as they thought I wasn't safe to be around or drive my van . 
    So I do suggest you read my message again . 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wak10, are you receiving any support for your mental health at the moment?
  • wak10
    @PippaScope hello 
    I'm having regular sessions at my GP and a counciling session every two weeks . I really struggle with the medication it plays havoc with my stomach . I was hung out to dry by my work place . So called one of the biggest companies in the U.K. And just left me there when I needed help . If it wasn't for my partner I don't know where I'd be . I'm am not claiming pip either . I always thought there's worst people off than me and I wouldn't get it anyway and claiming things like that scare me as I've never claimed a benefit in my life . My health is more important I'm trying everything but as people say the mind is a dangerous place . One point I was concvinced I had cancer in my stomach so I cut my stomach to bits now I'm scarred . I was diagnosed with a health disorder but that was only the tip of the iceberg . 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Thanks for sharing this @wak10.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of self-harm or suicide, it's important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. You can call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself. If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

I'm glad to hear that you have a supportive partner and you're being seen by a GP and councillor, and really hope these things are helpful. If you do decide to make a PIP claim, do let us know and we'll do our best to support you, as will other members of the community.

• wak10
    @pippascope I appreciate your support :) a reason why I signed up and to find out more how other people are managing with mental health . 
    Thankyou 
  • sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Hi,

As this post is titled 'How long for a pip decision' I have a question.

I have seen people on various forums/groups etc saying they got back-payment into their bank accounts before receiving their PIP decision? 

Is this common? I have currently been waiting for 13 days and it is really starting to get tiring, the worry, the not knowing.
    Shady.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Hi @sdoc94, I can't say that I've heard of this happening before but perhaps some of our other members will be able to share their experiences!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is possible to receive backpayment before decision letter as payments are made electronically and letters often take 10 days
    If other departments are involved ie council tax or motorbility they are also advised electronically and you may here from them before your letter arrives

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Wouldn't it just be great to check the account and see a payment. Patiently waiting and it is driving me nuts.
    Shady.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Malue
    Malue Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    just asking to see how long it takes and could I phone up and check what's going on 
    My husbands was today 28/03/2108 after over a years wait.   They told him they would post out their decision. Seemed a little strange to me.  The welfare rights officer pointed out the conflicting reports from ESA and PIP 
    ESA added him to a top group and deemed him unable to work. The PIP assessor said the opposite.  Even little lies like he was playing on a laptop when she cane out.   Adequate eye contact.  No signs of confusion.  ETC all totally different from the ESA report.  Now we have to await a decision by post. I’ve never heard that before.  
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @Malue,
    I have posted on your thread strange decision, I hope it helps
  • ellied2004
    ellied2004 Community member Posts: 13 Courageous
    I had f2f on 2nd March, dwp received it on the 15th and my decision was made on 26th March.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.