Do we still have to go to the jobcentre after successful claim? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do we still have to go to the jobcentre after successful claim?

Options
Mrslen36
Mrslen36 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi... I'm a mother of a son who has autism.. Just turned 18 so we put a claim in for UC and the clclaieas successfull .. The GP sisign him off for 3 months .. Great... Do i ststi have to go to the jobcentre to see the coach ?? And because he's receiving  pip enhanced for both classes disabled wowou thay put him on UC for under 25 and not didisable entitlement x

Comments

• Bill
    Bill Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Mrslen36 ,
    Welcome to this Online Community!
    I think if you go to the jobcentre, that is not needed and will confuse the situation. You can get precise advice if you put a post on the forum 'talk to a benefits advisor'.
    Bill

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mrslen36, and welcome! I wouldn't think so, but if you're unsure you could call the UC helpline for clarification:
    Universal Credit helpline 
    Telephone: 0800 328 9344 
    Welsh language (make a claim): 0800 012 1888 
    Textphone: 0800 328 1344 
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi Mrslen

PIP is a separate non means tested benefit and will be paid along side  UC

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.