ESA SUPPORT GROUP REVIEWS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA SUPPORT GROUP REVIEWS

dee4848
dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
Hi does anyone know roughly how often support group gets reviewed .thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    They can review as oten as they want to, there's not exactly any timescales. I've heard people being reviewed every 6 months and i've also heard people not being reviewed in 5 years. If you want to know when you review is likely to be then give ESA a ring.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dee4848
    edited February 2018
    Yes thankyou iv done that today.
  • danni1998
    danni1998 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    hi im currantly on esa support group,but wondered if there are any meetings held that are of your choice,as an anxitey sufferer my illness worsens when appointments are set.by choice making it easier to attend
  • dee4848
    @danni1998 Hi i was automatically put on ESA ..do you have a f2f with them all the time?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @danni1998, I had a f2f pip then an acessment was arranged for ESA when I rang about transport I was told no need to attend deceisson had been made to put me in support group. So DWP may have acess to recent pip acessments to make such a decision..
  • dee4848
    @danni1998 Hi yes I think same dreading the post 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    When I got moved from Income Support to ESA, it just happened and that was that.
    Since then I have had one f2f visit at home to check I was receiving everything I should be.
    I didn't class that as a review because naively sorry I didn't even know what group I was in, what benefits were out there etc. So I just thought it was checking up on people in relation to fraud!!!  
    That was three years ago and I haven't heard from them since and I still don't fully understand what I get either. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • dee4848
    edited February 2018
    Iv been on ESA since 2013 but I'm just waiting for that dreaded envelope because iv just been awarded pip 
  • dee4848
    edited February 2018
    @lilybelle Hi this is why I'm expcting it , so have you had a decision on pip ?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello I just need to tell you.  Always do a review on new information.  New circumstances.

That's how I am reassessed every 18 months for the last twenty years plus.  I am now on ESA support group, hopefully the same now.

Sent supporting letter to DWP. Because every 18 months one assessment says I am fit, 18 months later unfit.  Then back around again.  Intervention by Mental Health Charity.

Still poised by phone most Fridays as they used to ring.

Plus any brown envelope get anxiety over.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • dee4848
    @lillybelle yes I got an invite from DLA to PIP went from High care and low mobility to Enhanced daily and Enhanced mobility , and I agree all conncted 
  • dee4848
    @thespiceman hi so if pip is a change from DLA could I be reviewed for ESA? 
  • dee4848
    I hope you get what you feel you deserve @lilybelle its' nerve racking 
  • whistles
    edited February 2018
    I found this and I hope it's ok to link.
    http://www.dosh.org/benefit-changes-2017-18/ 

If you scroll near the bottom it talks about a premium.
    ESA-
    " To be entitled to a premium you need to be in the Support Group or be getting a certain level of DLA/PIP, along with other conditions."

So this is the link? If your DLA/PIP changes then they look at whether you qualify for that premium?
  • dee4848
    @whistles thankyou for the link il shall have a look which premium I get tomorrow .
  • dee4848
    edited February 2018
    @whistles now I'm conused it says in the Support Group you need to be getting certain levels of DLA or PIP so I get the Support Group component so now iv been giving high on both components of pip could my ESA go up to the severe disabled premium ? 
  • whistles

It could do. I get something that isn't called a premium but a guarantee. So more confused as no mention on the websites of this. But maybe it's the same thing? 
  • dee4848
    edited February 2018
    hmm it' so very confusing but no doubt il get to know , Thankyou @whistles
  • colcol
    colcol Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I’m in the support group. Have been since finishing work 4 yrs ago.
    now that I’m going through pip . 
    Low and behold- I’ve now got to go for an assessment for Esa.
    Hopefully with uncontrolled epilepsy with a referral back to a neurologist in June plus a back injury, I’m hoping and praying things will go okay

• colcol
    colcol Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi there are you aware you can request a home visit for your ESA I had to gp to my gp and ask him to write me a letter 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.