Having Nil income apart from PIP On-Going award. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Having Nil income apart from PIP On-Going award.

Government_needs_reform
Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
OK peeps be gentle I've just joined you happy bunch, I just need a little advice just incase I have to go down this road? Please God I hope not. :'(:'(:'(

At present im on ESA Support group which is due soon as it's been nearly 4 years since my paper based assessment and placed in the Support group, I sent plenty of medical funcitional information on how it all affects me, and they've themselfs even stated on the ESA85a (deteration in function noted) mobility etc.

Now im under Consultant psychiatrist and have been for nearly 4 etc as for my mental health and self harming etc, I can't go into to much detail as I also have been diagnosed also with COPD stage 3 amongst other physical problems with some conditions are also life long and will only get worse with age and  which will only deteriorate. I have paperwork from Consultants which explains all that within the letters I have.

Im scared if I loose my ESA and might have to go on Job seekers wich I won't be doing, hence cam I still get help as I will not claim that.

It might not even come to that but I just want to be prepare for the worse.

So as I recieve PIP Enhanced rate on daily living and mobility an Ongoing-Award from DLA indefinite, again PIP was all done on Paper Based with (Crapita) in November 2017 and they've also stated I won't get better and advised on the PA3 report in the review bit (it's not appropriate to review the claim) also refer FE explains all my issues and their opinion. To be honest I had a fair assessment (No lies) for wich I'm luck unlike most I've read here.

So now as im worried about loosing my ESA and I will not signing on for Job seekers because I ain't fit for work at all.

Then I will have no income apart from my PIP If I loose ESA I will be appealing the decision no matter how hard I have to fight, for which I have loads of medical history and functionality/functional information stating I don't cope etc very well and I also live on my own.

So based on the information I've posted above if it goes that far what can I do regarding KEEPING MY ROOF over my head and what to do if I have to go down that route of Nil income, my Council is Telford & Wrekin.

Thanks in advance for any info and help because I don't know like many of us what to do.
⬇️
I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    hi and welcome

can you clarify, have you been called for an ESA reveiw ?

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Government_needs_reform
    @CockneyRebel, Thanks buddy.

Not as yet. But it could come anytime with this lot as it was a 3 year SG award and as it's Now been nearly 4 years as I've stated above.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• CockneyRebel
    there are still a lot of delays.ESA does not have an end date they can reveiw at any time. SG was thought to be every three years but with UC ettc many people are being defered for two years or more. You can ring and ask when your reveiw is due it will not trigger one

CR
    @CockneyRebel
    Perhaps maybe I should have mad it clear and mentioned all this in my above thread, but it was getting a little to long. Lol

I do understand all what you've explained above and realise all this, I need to know really more about if I loose ESA? I can cope just with the review process whenever it will be.

I am looking for further advice if it goes wrong not when the review is.

I do at present receive Housing benifit and CT support that's my main worry.

Thanks for your help.
    ⬇️

I take it I won't recieve an answer to the question above? Have I posted it in the wrong section.

Sorry for sounding harsh. Par for the course I guess for me as I don't deal with it all very well.
    ⬇️

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    A benefits advisor should be along within a few days to answer your question.
    Thanks @tomm I would be surprised myself to have to much hassle as we know with this Government who knows what around the corner.

I was also hoping a (Scopes Benefits adviser) on here could clarify this further but seems not?

I Don't mean to sound harsh to anyone here it's just hard work dealing with all this so just letting off a little steam.
    ⬇️

• CockneyRebel
    No problem letting off steam, it can help
    Feel free to rant at any time

We are hear to listen and help when we can, but please remember that most of us are not qualified advisers just people trying to help.
    As you can imagine the advisors are very busy with people in immediate need

CR

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Governments_A_Joke,

So sorry to hear about your current situation, and that you haven't heard from a benefits advisor- unfortunately many of our members are having issues related to benefits, and so they're dealing with a huge volume of enquiries at the moment. 

I understand that this must be a difficult and frustrating time for you, and I really hope we can help. In the meantime, it could be worthwhile checking that you're claiming all that you may be entitled to by using the online benefits calculator. You may also be interested in this list of things that PIP claimants are also eligible for.
    @CockneyRebel Thanks for that comment this does make me a little off and I also get many are in this mess and here to try to help and its some comfort in knowing your trying to help me with this too.

@PippaScope Thank you for trying to help, I do understand where you also coming from I also know how to what I'm intitled too and I wasent concered regarding that I was purely worried if I loose my ESA as I can't and won't sign on for JSA.

Hence was hoping one of the Benefits advisers could confirm if I could claim on a Nil income basis and i do full well know that my PIP is not counted as income, if I have to mange to live on PIP until a MR had been in place. 

Iam worrying already and wanted to be prepared in case I loose my ESA.

I reall do apreciate all of you help here.
    ⬇️

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Governments_A_JokeGovernments_A_Joke,

I'm really sorry you've had a long wait for an answer. Just to be clear, unfortunately the posts in this section aren't necessarily going to get an answer from a benefits adviser any longer. We just weren't able to keep up with the demand, so we've had to change the system. That's why when you click on the 'ask a benefits adviser' category, it says 'closed'.

We're still going to be coming on the forum and trying to help as much as we can.

In answer to your question, if your ESA stops (& I really hope it doesn't), then the first thing to do would be to get in touch with your council to make sure they DON"T stop your housing benefit and council tax reduction. You can still get these, based on nil income, but sometimes you need to make sure the council know about this. They may send you a form to complete, just to verify you don't have anything other than your PIP coming in.

Depending on where you live, you may be expected to claim either JSA or Universal Credit in the meantime. But you don't have to, and if you can manage to live on your PIP until the MR is done, that is your choice (and can help to avoid Universal Credit if it has started where you live). I can confirm that Housing Benefit is payable where a claimant doesn't have any out-of-work benefit, and of course, you already know PIP is disregarded.

Once the MR notice arrives and you submit an appeal form, you can go back on ESA. This applies whether or not your area has become a Universal Credit area, but ONLY if you have managed to avoid claiming UC inbetween. 

I hope this helps, and good luck.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.