Benefit reduced — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefit reduced

jackass
jackass Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my husband has mental health illness and degenritive bones joints we went to.a medical I could see he was getting adgeitated the.man ask him question about his hip he answer aww it's alright now the next thing they reduced his benefit by £250 he has a dual personality disorder and phycosis along with degenritive bones in his back hip  I'm wondering what shall I do he wanted to get out we'd been the for quite some time thought he was going to kick off but he made that so he could leave what's best advise thanks

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @jackass,

Have you had a chance to explain why this answer was given? Are you going to ask for a mandatory reconsideration?

It might be worth contacting your local Citizen's Advice to see if they can give some personalised support and advice.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Which benefit was it?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jackass, how are you doing?
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi jackass

The first thing to do is to check the decision that followed the assessment and consider asking for a mandatory reconsideration if the decision is not what you want. You must usually do this within one month of the date of the decision. Your husband should explain the difficulties he had at the medical as well as explaining his conditions in full in the context of the assessment criteria.

I strongly suggest you contact a local advice service because there could well be other issues that we cannot be aware of here. Help from an adviser is likely to make a big difference and will hopefully ease any pressure.

Best wishes
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.