If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Benefit reduced

jackassjackass Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi my husband has mental health illness and degenritive bones joints we went to.a medical I could see he was getting adgeitated the.man ask him question about his hip he answer aww it's alright now the next thing they reduced his benefit by £250 he has a dual personality disorder and phycosis along with degenritive bones in his back hip  I'm wondering what shall I do he wanted to get out we'd been the for quite some time thought he was going to kick off but he made that so he could leave what's best advise thanks


  • Lasian_ScopeLasian_Scope Member Posts: 660 Pioneering
    Hi @jackass,

    Have you had a chance to explain why this answer was given? Are you going to ask for a mandatory reconsideration?

    It might be worth contacting your local Citizen's Advice to see if they can give some personalised support and advice.
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    Which benefit was it?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jackass, how are you doing?
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi jackass

    The first thing to do is to check the decision that followed the assessment and consider asking for a mandatory reconsideration if the decision is not what you want. You must usually do this within one month of the date of the decision. Your husband should explain the difficulties he had at the medical as well as explaining his conditions in full in the context of the assessment criteria.

    I strongly suggest you contact a local advice service because there could well be other issues that we cannot be aware of here. Help from an adviser is likely to make a big difference and will hopefully ease any pressure.

    Best wishes
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.