pip medical and universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip medical and universal credit

lebabes219
lebabes219 Community member Posts: 28 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi all was wondering of anyone could answer a question for me. I currently receive pip full mobility am currently waiting on a MR decision for the daily living element. I am also going through the process of claiming universal credit, im not able to work due to my health issues, i was previously on ESA in the support group. Does anybody know if the dwp can use the pip medical assessment for the universal credit stage of medical assessment?
thankyou in advance xx

Comments

• duckett123
    duckett123 Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
    would think they wont because they always say each benefit is differently looked at but only when they wont it to be different 
  • lebabes219
    Thanyou for your respnse duckett123, the thought of having to go threw another assessment in such a short period of time is so daunting, my last medical assessment resulted in another hospital induced coma due to epilepsy status resulting from stress, (stress being one of biggest trigger) just wasn't sure that there was a way to request the medical evidence and assessment used for pip could be used
  • lebabes219
    Hi all the benefit calculators I and the job center have done show that I would be financially better off on UC as on ESA I was in receipt of housing benefit which stopped when my 19 year old daughter started work and became a non dependant. On UC I am entitled to higher rate housing element,....well so they say.. am waiting for result in claim 
  • lebabes219
    Sorry I am in a full UC area x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.