Just received a letter from the DWP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just received a letter from the DWP

joaniebluetoes
joaniebluetoes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, came across your group whilst looking for information on a local service compliance telephone interview.... I've just had one of their charming letters land on my doorstep.....Naturally I'm upset/anxious/paranoid and **** off.....but then again I don't know why I'm surprised .... I am used to the DWP mentality of things having worked in their payroll department for over 14 years.  I am really hoping it is a routine check... Has anyone had any experience of these lately?  And just as I was feeling hopeful and about to start using a support network for getting back into work.  

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joaniebluetoes
    Welcome to the community, it can be really stressful! Is this for a reassessment?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Telephone compliance interviews are usually routine and can happen at random.
    Anything more serious would usually be an interview under caution, so try not to worry

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • joaniebluetoes
    joaniebluetoes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I've got a health assessment next Friday - face to face... but this sounds like it is a check on any change in financial circumstances.  I feel more relieved knowing that it is more likely routine/random... all I can do is breathe and try to keep calm....thanks for coming back to me Sam and CR!!!!

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You didn't state what if any benefits you are claiming,getting. It's up to the claimant to inform the DWP or any other benefits payer a change in your circumstances financial or health matters improvements or worsening. With in reason of course your finances may increase temporary but if it's a regular long term increase and comes to light then you could or may have to pay back any over payments. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.