Well, well, no surprise Oh well onwards and upwards. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Well, well, no surprise Oh well onwards and upwards.

2»

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Favourite trick of assessors, saying that meds are mild as DWP have no medical knowledge so will just accept what assessor says.  My assessor wrote that I take a 'mild' painkiller, Naproxen, which is actually quite strong.  Made no mention of the two very strong meds I also take that suppress my immune system!  Of course, when I got to Tribunal Hearing the doctor understood what my meds were.
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    The amitrptiline used to zone me out, but am now used to it.  My doctor did say if for one day I could survive without the Tramodol that would be good as the longer you take them the less effect they have on you.  He also said that most likely I was  addicted to them by now..
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    I doubt whether many of the assessors have much clue about medications, what is mild, strong or what the side effects are.  So it is like the blind leading the blind when advising the DM

• charlene
    She has also written that even though I have a wet room, she thinks with help assistance I could get into a bath.  Lol that is why I have a wet room, I got stuck in the bath and it took me ages to get out.  Once I am down it takes a lot to get myself up.  It was Bristol City Council which gave a grant to instal one. Of course an OT had to give the go ahead!, but of course the Assessor knew better.
  • charlene
    I know I am keeping on, but I live on my own and find it difficult at times like this. In one box she has written, I didn't need any prompting.  Well what was it when she kept repeating 1 to 2 mins
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I got a similar 'but you could do that to help yourself couldn't you'

I still feel they are looking for any way of cutting something off you. All of us, not just you or I, but every one. 
    Assuming they can add up they know what it means to not award 8 points. What they don't know is what is like to try and live with.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Charlene,
    obvoiusly the assessor wasn’t using common sense regarding the bath/wet room!!
    seriuosly if they have assessors what’s wrong with recruiting professionals who have a broad knowledge about things

• charlene
    it's not good enough Whistles., how dare they treat people as though they are of no consequence.  At the moment I am yo yoing between dissolving into tears and range,  
  • charlene
    Hi I Susan, I couldn't believe what she wrote.  Since I had the wet room installed, I have had 2  home assessment carried out by doctors and they have never queried the fact I used a wet room and not a bath.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Charlene 
    if we all contributed our stories to a book it would run to numerous volumes and be in the fiction section.
    they really don’t care!,,
    we are the ones left feeling more anxious and isolated 

i dont understand
  • charlene
    To true Susan , I worked  in a residential home then on the district for many years. Later I worked for the NHS, thankfully I never  encountered this cruelty and uncaring attitude.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    charlene said:
    What's wrong with me lol 250mg amitrptiline.

@charlene That seems a lot of Amitriptiline a day 250mg 
    -Maintenance dose: 40 to 100 mg orally per day
    -Maximum dose: 150 mg/day if your on higher I would think that's not helping.
    As you've also stated your on Mertizapine 45mg As well.

There's is nothing wrong with just try and relax this Government is hell bent on hurting the less fortunate in society, get someone to help you? I also live on my own it's hard I know take it one step at a time.

Be safe be strong.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    You have hit on the right word "cruelty" making people who are ill and struggling already suffer even more.  The amount of stress they have caused to so many from incomitance and lies is beyond any words that I cannot convey on this forum.

Public money that was initially meant to be spent to help people in need has/is being squandered only to inflict more pain on those that need help.

Sure someone will benefit?  But not the people that really should!

• charlene
    Oh Sleepy my heart bleeds! I am one of the more fortunate ones, but still feel I have been mentally abused!
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    hi charlene. i was awarded standard disability living which confused me as i got 18 points and i know with that many points i should have got the enhanced rate. i asked them to look at the decision again but got a letter a couple of weeks ago saying they were not going to change it. i am just greatful that i get pip as so many people are being refused it. 
  • Barbiesnemesis
    Barbiesnemesis Community member Posts: 86 Pioneering
    Hi Charlene, I got the same on my form, "takes a low dose of analgesics in the morning to get her going". I don't take any analgesics - I put that on my form; I told her that at the assessment; the fibromyalgia nurse put it on the report I gave the DWP that analgesics don't work on fibromyalgia, and I'm lucky if I can "get going" at any time of the day! The government just want to save money, sadly.

Brightness