Hi, my name is SarahBec1! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SarahBec1!

Options
SarahBec1
SarahBec1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I'm new to this site, but not new to the worries and concerns for my sons and many other children's mental health. Thomas is 11 diagnosed Aspergers, dyslexic and also has sensory issues, extreme anxiety, processing difficulties and really struggles with day to day life, let alone the school day 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Sarah (?)  @SarahBec1and a warm welcome to the community. We are glad to have you with us. As I know from past experience and the experience of many of my friends, being a parent to a disabled child is very, very difficult. As a former learning support assistant in a department for high school pupils on the ASD spectrum, I know only too well what a challenge it can be to get a child settled at school, willing to attend and able to function among all the many pressures they face.
    Have you any thoughts on how we might help, or how you wish to use the community? I'll be listening with interest, and please don't hesitate to talk to me or ask any questions.
    Warmest best wishes to you,

Richard

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SarahBec1, and welcome! You may like to check out our ASD discussions, and we also have an ASD advisor and a mental health advisor who you may like to chat to. 

Brightness