Unexpected PIP Award - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unexpected PIP Award

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Thanks @Victoriad. :) Unfortunately I can't get to Also, never mind carry stuff back on the bus. I'm limited to Tesco Express, small Co-op, or Sainsbury's Local. :/ Taxi back from Aldi = £9. Back from Asda = £8. Back from big Sainsbury's = £6. More than I'd save, alas. My partner goes by Aldi for me occasionally on his way to visit tho. 
  • Waylay
    Er, also = Aldi!
  • [Deleted User]
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Waylay

Have you thought about having a supermarket deliver your shopping?
  • [Deleted User]
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    So who is the best in terms of subsidizing an item for another.
    Depending on what you want to buy wiltshire farm food deliver meals if you can't cook at all.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Waylay
    Hi @Victoriad , @Matilda , and @whistles ! Thanks for your comments! I do try to go shopping for a bit at a time, but 4-6 days a week I can't leave the house (highly variable pain, mobility issues due to spasms, anxiety), so I often run out. My partner grabs stuff for me from Aldi, and sometimes I ask a housemate to get me some stuff, but I don't want to ask too often - they already let me out of certain household chores (sweeping, mopping, hoovering, cleaning bathtub).

I used to get food delivered by supermarkets, but at this point the fees are money I can't afford. :/ Sometimes I combine an order with one of my housemates, or order a lot of stuff for our house (loo roll, sponges, cleaning fluids, etc.), so I can share the fee. Since losing PIP I've had 50GBP/month to spend on food/toiletries/laundry/emergency taxis/etc. (after paying part of suspicious tax benefit back, part of HB overpayment, rent, bills, therapy fees, and buying over-the-counter meds), and it's really hard to live on when you don't have the mobility to go chasing bargains. :/

I really want to get a granny trolley! Been looking out for them on Freecycle, etc. No luck yet. Would help a lot!

I need my PIP. I just can't make it without it. :/
  • Waylay
    @CockneyRebel Have you heard about the terminally-ill man who moved from a non-UC area to a UC-area in order to get chemotherapy that would extend his life somewhat? He had to apply for UC when he moved, but assumed he'd get the transitional protection the government has been talking about. However, a) the transitional protection hasn't started yet, and b) his claim for UC was considered a new claim because his circumstances had changed (because he moved!), so he wouldn't have been eligible for transitional protection anyway. He lost both his disability premiums. He's taking the DWP to court.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Transitional protection will only happen when managed migration takes over. Any changed of circumstance like moving to a different LA and claiming HB will considered a new claim. If you move house but stay with the same LA this will not be a new claim.
    It does not seem right but nothing about dwp does.
     I hope he wins

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    My paperwork says they will do the migration over, but moving house before then would be a new claim. 
    It's an online claim as well. So haven't seen how you would supply evidence they usually want? 

I have lost the sdp, now they are rolling out UC. Life itself is paused until they move me over!!!
    If I qualify for care in the futur I SHOULD  get the premium back.
    Imo it's unlawful and inhumane to cut a premium off someone for moving house, even within the area or days new claim !!!!!!

I wasn't appealing the pip and with this on top I just don't have the mental energy to do anything.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I really think you should get trained advice  from CAB or similar as the consequences could affect your finances greatly

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    Do we have benefits advisors on here could tell me if migration is just simple change of name? 
    IS to ESA was a simple no f2f change.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.